Disney Cruise Line has a number of special events planned for the 2014 Halloween cruises.
Disney Cruise is promising its guests “a wickedly good time” if they sail upon the cruises during the Halloween season leading up the Halloween night throughout September through October in 2014. Disney plans to create a ghoulish wonderland on its ships and to offer a number of “fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants and themed parties on deck.”
They even have a special name for these cruises: Halloween on the High Seas. The events will take place on most voyages aboard all Disney Cruise Line ships during this time period. The extra-spooky celebrations will include Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor, including The Pumpkin Tree, which magically transforms throughout the cruise.
Other special experiences include:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of candy! Beloved Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea, where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true—or not so true—tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- Creepy Cabaret, a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
- Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of the ship announcements!
To celebrate Halloween, the Disney Magic sails three-, five- and seven-night Bahamian and Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 27 to Oct. 26; the Disney Wonder sails four-, five- and six-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 26 to Oct. 31; the Disney Dream sails three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 7 to Oct. 31; and the Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 6 to Oct. 25.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.