Local cruises, ship departures from U.S. cities like Seattle and Boston, are back due to the economic slowdown. Here is a guide to finding the perfect local cruise for you.
Local cruises, also known as drive-to cruises in the cruise industry, are popular once again as people look to scale back their vacation costs. A local cruise saves time and money by eliminating the need to fly to your departure port. There is a local cruise for almost everyone if you live within a few hours of the coast -- East or West. Here is our local cruise guide for you:
Local Cruises from San Diego Here's your listing of cruises from San Diego, California.
- Carnival Elation offers 3, 4 and 5-day cruises to Mexican ports including Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas. Some four-day cruises sail to Catalina Island and Ensenada, while other four-day cruises sail only to Cabo San Lucas.
- Carnival Pride offers seven-day and eight-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera. Seven-day cruises visit Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Eight-day cruises visit Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzanillo. These cruises are offered in the winter season 2009.
- Carnival Spirit also offers seven-day and eight-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera. Seven-day cruises visit Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Eight-day cruises visit Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzanillo. These cruises are offered in the winter season 2009.
- Celebrity Constellation and Celebrity Infinity each offer Panama Canal cruises in 2009.
- Celebrity Mercury offers 15-day cruises to Hawaii round-trip including Hilo, Kona, Honolulu, Lahaina and Ensenada, Mexico. The ship also makes a transcanal cruise to Ft. Lauderdale and continues on to Baltimore in fall 2009.
- Holland America's Oosterdam offers seven-day Mexico Riviera cruises to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. The ship makes a Panama Canal voyage to Ft. Lauderdale and continues on a transatlantic voyage to Rome, Italy in the fall of 2009.
- Radiance of the Seas offers four and five-day cruises to Mexico including Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada. In the spring, 2009, the ship heads north to Vancouver continuing on to Alaska. In fall 2009 the ship heads south to South America and Antarctica.
- Holland America's Ryndam offers a variety of 9, 10, 11 and 12-day cruises to Mexico with various ports from Acapulco to cities inside the Sea of Cortez. These unusual itineraries should be investigated individually.
- Holland America's Statendam, Veendam and Westerdam each offer a variety of Panama Canal voyages throughout 2009 and 2010.
- Holland America's Zaandam offers several 15-day cruises to Hawaii round-trip from San Diego in the fall and winter season of 2009.
Back to Main Article >> Local Cruises
- Local Cruises from Boston
- Local Cruises from Charleston
- Local Cruises from Ensenada, Mexico
- Local Cruises from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Local Cruises from Galveston, Texas
- Local Cruises from Jacksonville, Florida
- Local Cruises from Los Angeles, California
- Local Cruises from Miami, Florida
- Local Cruises from Mobile, Alabama
- Local Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana
- Local Cruises from New York City, (Manhattan)
- Local Cruises from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Local Cruises from Norfolk, Virginia
- Local Cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Local Cruises from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Local Cruises from Portland, Oregon
- Local Cruises from San Diego, California
- Local Cruises from San Francisco, California
- Local Cruises from Seattle, Washington
- Local Cruises from Tampa, Florida
|Copyright © 2013 , Cruisemates. All rights reserved.|