View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Passenger

I have had several experiences, Just recently, on the Noordam, My DH became ill with a headcold. Inasmuch as he is quite elderly (84) I took him to the doc on board. The first visit cost $79 plus a generic cough medicine. They called the next day to see how he was. Two days later, he had not gotten better, so I took him again. $39 for the second visit, plus a generic prescription for doxyciclene. Both those costs will be reimbursed by my personal insurance. Another time, I fell in the Dom Rep, on a cruisline sponsored trip, and went to the doc when I returned to the ship.... no charge. I always get insurance because of my DH's age, but happily, have never used it. And what good would the insurance do if you stayed on the ship. I recently heard about some people who were put off the ship by Carnival because the older gentleman was complaining about chest pain. They put the guy off in Roatan, and it took them 2 days to get home. and btw, had no insurance. The article warned, "be careful what you tell the doctor on board". I have only had good experiences although on our trip around south america, we saw a passenger being taken off the ship in some god-forsaken place in Argentina. Hopefully, there were planes out of there because the next day we were in Ushuaia, where there are plenty of planes to big cities.

Romantica
Victoria
Voyager of Seas
Freedom of Seas
Rhapsody of Seas
Sovereignof the Seas
Imagination
Celebration
Imagination
old Noordam
New Noordam
Amsterdam