View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Admiral

Something to think of, if you were charged the fuel surcharge you may have a refund in the form of OBC. This may cover some of your auto tips.

Doesn't the Spirit run out of California? If it's the cruise I'm thinking you are on a 8 day cruise leaving out of San Diego. I don't think hurricane season is as big of a deal in California. The ocean just won't look as clear. Let me know how this cruise is because I was thinking about this cruise in 2010.

When I cruised out of San Diego the embarkation was easy. Are you going to see the cliff divers in Acapulco, Mexico? I wonder how the whale watching is in your ports? We had really good Whale Watching in Cabo in February. According to this site the start migration in September. http://www.sdnhm.org/visit/whales.html

Whale Facts

* Gray whales spend the summer months in the Bering and Chukchi Seas, and then leave for the breeding lagoons along western Baja California and off southern Sonora and Sinaloa, Mexico.
* They follow the longest migration route of any mammal on Earth, traveling nearly 20,000 km (13,000 miles) round trip.
* The southern migration begins in late September or early October. By December of most years, the first individuals pass along the California coast, with peak numbers passing by in early January.
* After their stay in the lagoons of Baja California, the whales begin their northward passage, starting in February and usually ending in late March to mid-April. The last whales to travel north are mothers with young.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994