View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqllady View Post
Hello All,
I am booked on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas cruise to Alaska beginning 6/11/2010 from Seattle. Can anyone tell me clothing I should bring with me. I understand the weather is chilly and coming from New England this means hooded sweat shirts, jeans, sneakers etc. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
The key to dressing for Alaska is layering. Have a short or long sleeved t-shirt, sweat shirt/hooded sweatshirt and a waterproof jacket/coat and you will be good to go. You can take off or add layers as the weather dictates. The chances of rain are good so the waterproof coat is almost a necessity. Sneakers are fine for normal activities but a pair of good walking shoes or heavier footwear may be needed if you are going to do some hiking or heavier walking on rough surfaces.

If you are from New England you should have all of these things so you won't have much trouble with Alaska.

Take care and enjoy Alaska. It is beautiful.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me