View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Here is my final blog post: This Is My Yacht - Luxury Cruising and Travel: Goldring Travel's 2011 Celebrity Century Cruise - How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity's Smallest Ship Get? - Some Final Observations and Thoughts

I would like to comment that despite my somewhat disappointing experience on the Celebrity Century, I still believe Celebrity provides "the best bang for the buck in the business" and that, especially on the Solstice-class ships, you can achieve a luxury or near luxury experience.

More importantly, possibly, is that when you consider the price you will pay on certain luxury lines for service and cuisine that really isn't better than Celebrity's finest, it remains a very good alternative. Just as an example, responding to some of the comments here, I wrote this piece on my blog: This Is My Yacht - Luxury Cruising and Travel: Why You Need A Knowledgeable Travel Agent - Regent Seven Seas, Using "Fuzzy Math", Goes After the Premium, Not Luxury, Market. It is about a year old, but remains a valid exercise.

FYI, my next cruise is on the Crystal Symphony in April and I will be making comparisons there against some pretty stiff competition.