View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
First Mate

My only complaint letter has been in reference to a river cruise. I had paid for airport-to-ship (and the reverse at the other end) transfers but because of a mixup in air booking wound up spending an overnight in a hotel at the end of the cruise, so my transfer was unusable. I really wrote asking for a refund of the $65 I had been charged, but commented that the cab to the airport the next day only cost $15 ! Also, the ship had collected my passport and immigration card on arrival, but returned only the passport; when I asked about the immigration card, they said I wouldn't need it to leave; that the country (Ukraine) was only concerned about people entering, not leaving. Well, I wound up at the airport getting hassled about my lack of said card. They did let me leave, though. I also mentioned some difficulties with seating assignments at dinner (Honestly, the maitre'de actually said, "Germans like assigned seating, so they are put on this side; but Americans don't, so they have to find a place on that side; and the British do as they're told.") The company refunded my $65 and gave me a $500 credit against a future cruise with them.