View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default New "spin" - Leisure Getaways

Company claims to be a Round Rock Texas based "travel destination" company, yet is an "RCI Points Conversion" company, and when you get the confirmation, it is from "Vacation Tours USA" which has a long list of cruise scams.

Here is the confirmation note I received from VTU after speaking to "Leisure Getaways" (of course I am not attending...but just thought I'd share with the class to get this "Leisure Getaways" name circulating. It was hard to find any scam info on them, they seemed somewhat legit, although the website was lame. The director appears to be a local guy named Cavit Handley
associated with Bay Branch Condominium Association of Spring Texas. So I thought - maybe they really are legit (the spiel was that they promote their travel packages as advertising...word of mouth...) ok - yes - obviously I was born yesterday

But there is a long track record of VTU and affiliates , so my first instinct was right

================================================== ========

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:06 PM
To: <XXX@xxx.com>
Subject: APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION

VTU
Toll Free 1-877-313-3326

INVITATION CONFIRMATION No. AUxxxx
Appointment Time: 6:00PM Day: Weds. Date: 5/30/12

Dear Mr. and Mrs. <XXXXX>

Congratulations! It is our pleasure to confirm your scheduled appointment!

This is your invitation to the Open House Presentation. While visiting the showroom, you will learn inside information from the travel industry on how to save while traveling. During the entertaining and informative 90 minute presentation you will be amazed at the savings you can receive on your travel needs. This is not a timeshare or real estate offer.

This is strictly a promotional offer. There is no obligation to purchase anything to receive the gifts listed on your mail piece. All you have to do is keep your scheduled appointment.

This valuable promotional offer is by invitation only. Seating is extremely limited, so we ask that you do not bring children. We know you will enjoy the presentation.

Please arrive 15 minutes early for your scheduled presentation.

VTU’s Customer Service number is 1-877-313-3326.

CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS APPLY

Leisure Getaway is located at 11301 Domain Dr. Austin, TX in The Weston Austin at the Domain.

From Downtown Austin: Follow Interstate 35 North to U.S. Highway 183/Research Boulevard North. Proceed 5.5 miles to Loop 1/MoPac Expressway North. Take the Burnet/Duval Exit and immediately enter the hotel via the Domain Boulevard access road.