View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog2 View Post
I have had my booking adjusted on several occasions even after my final payment has been made when the price dropped lower than what I booked it for.
Yes, on some cruise lines that will work. But you won't find it on all cruise lines in all situations.

And even if I weren't an active agent, I would still always book with an agent because if I had any problems, I know they have contacts that are not available to me as a regular passenger. Their help can be invaluable should problems arise - otherwise, I'm up to my own devices and knowing what I know now, I would not want to fight the fight without help, that's for sure. I can't tell you how many times our corporation has save clients. It's always better to have a big company behind me that trying to fight the cruise lines by myself.

Of course, if you have never had any problems, then it's always a good thing.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!