View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've read about half of the above, and the argument comes down to whether it's ok to be gay or not. But the original subject was Gay Scout Leaders.

It is my opinion that a child in the ages of 8 to 17 shouldn't be concerned about sex at this time. Scouting is about building character, for example the Scout Law: A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. There isn't a word in there about exploring your sexual orientation.

I am NOT saying that anyone has to be those things. But that is what a Scout is SUPPOSED to be, and if not, the ideal he is supposed to strive towards. I'm also not saying that people can't form any organization they want and allow anyone they want to be a member. But going to an organization with a creed that you don't agree with and expecting it to change to suit you it the height of selfishness and self-centeredness. YOU ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE and right and wrong is not based on how you feel about it. If you aren't willing to conform to my standard of right and wrong (and I am not saying that anyone should) then don't expect me to conform to yours.

To expect otherwise is to suggest that an Athiest could be elected as Pope in the name of equality, or Jesse Jackson should be able to join the KKK, or George Wallace elected the head of the NAACP. Wouldn't these be examples of TOLERANCE, or is tolerance nothing more than the least common denominator and gays getting their way at my expense?

SO, if sexual orientation is more important to someone than the Scout Law, whether they are gay, straight, or crooked as a boar's prick, then they DO NOT NEED TO BE A SCOUT LEADER. I don't care what you are in your home. If your sexual orientation is so important that you can't avoid displaying it publically, then form your own organization and leave mine alone.

Bionic Toad, Eagle Scout 1973.