View Single Post

Old June 14th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Default Excellent EXPLORER of the Seas 6/8/13

Yet another awesome cruise on Royal Caribbean this one on Explorer. This was a 5 night Bermuda cruise and my first Solo cruise.

There is some traffic at the pier of bayonne so it took awhile to get to the parking lot. The check in part was fast but then you have to wait for the shuttle to drive you to the ship. Waited about 25 minutes for the shuttle. I hope they find a better way for the traffic and shuttle once Quantum gets here. Allure and Oasis have the best embark and debark.....

Cabin was on the 8th floor (8535) FYI this cabin was by the elevators and next door was a door that said crew only. The cabin was noisy starting around 3am. I asked my cabin Stewart about that door/area and she said it's a room service area getting ready for the morning breakfast. One day the door was open and there were carts and food trays in there. Mental note to self.....check what is next door to the cabin I want to book and not just what is above and below.

Explorer is an older lady but very clean and does not show her age. The only thing I could find was there were little chips in the bathroom tiles.

Hi Explorer!!

Bye Bye New York

Off goes Explorer and under the bridge we go.....

Let the sailaway party begin....time to Dance They do the Flash mob dance at sailaway that is done on Allure so I already knew the moves. But for those that have not done flash mob on Royal will not know what the moves are. Fun sailaway party!!

Sailaway Parade...

So excited I thought this was my beloved Po...then realized Explorer does not have Dreamworks onboard. this Panda was a "Po want to be"

The first drink of the night and cruise.....

To be continued......off to work.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas