View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

I find the crowd of the cruise is more dependent on the time of year, not necessarily the actual ship. If you travel during the holidays or the summer time, you will see a lot more families and kids running around. If you travel more around spring break time (March-April), you will see more college aged cruisers. If you travel in off peak times, it might be a bit more quiet crowd. These are obviously generalizations. You will see a cruise's demographics is as diverse as it can get. I've sailed throughout the year, and I've honestly never been overwhelmed with too much craziness/loudness even when going during peak times. But if you are looking for the most low-key experience, I would suggest traveling during off peak times away from holidays/typical vacation time. I've cruised right after the Thanksgiving holiday a couple of times and always found it pretty low-key. People tend to take the week of Thanksgiving off or wait until closer to Christmas to take time off instead of the week right after Thanksgiving I find. We'll be doing the same this November. Remember, there's always the Serenity deck to get away from most of the action.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999