View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello Sarah,
I try to cruise once a year, but have done 2 cruises. My first was in 2014- when i did a 28 night cruise Around Australia and to Denpasar. I booked through a booking agency that matches you with another member of the same sex. I was paired with a guy who was 85 yrs old. And he was a seasoned cruiser having done cruising all of his life- with his wife until she passed away in 2010. We both accepted each other. we dined together, talked and spent time on the promenade deck relaxing and bird watching i am a single guy on my first cruise and i absolutely loved it.
In 2017 i booked a 14 day cruise from Sydney to New Zealand and return and did it on my own in an Interior cabin.But it became my own domain.But at dinner time there were 4 males and a lady WHO ALL got on really well with each other. And i still have contact with one of the other passengers today. Cruising in very relaxing and refreshing,as well as you get to do local tours in the cities that you visit. Its all good fun. If i had a choice i would prefer a cabin with an Obstructed view on the side. but i have to take whatever i can get - for the price.
contact me if you like at [email protected] dave.