View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM
DICK STEIN

Default Re: Sapphire Princess Inaugural Cruise

Franie: Go to deck 7 and find Maitre’d table in front of Sabitinis and change to Traditional when you get on board. There were plenty of empty tables in Traditional.
I heard numerous complaints about personal choice: I couldn’t dine when I wanted, we were rushed and the waiters were rude. This is because they have to do three seating in a night where the waiters in Traditional do two. If you ignore warning let me know.

Heather: Lap top useless on board. They have key boards only in internet café, connections are 35 cents a minute, slow with frequent disconnects. Try internet coffee house in Ketchikan just off pier. They have lot of Dell computer at $5 for 20 minutes or $8 for 60 minutes. No Platinum free access on this ship.

3 Things: Food in Horizon like poor cafeteria food for lunch and breakfast and line move like key stone cops comedy. Room o.k. but toilet broke twice, fixed in hours and shower o.k. only for people the size of Japanese builders. Staff o.k. Left and came back to Seattle on time. Got to Juneau one hour late and tendering was joke and caused me to miss shore excursion. Getting off ship in Victoria a joke with long lines that took an hour to get off. Scenery was fine and weather was best of my 6 Alaska cruises.