View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:10 PM
pdibernardo

Default Re: Re: Sapphire Princess Inaugural Cruise

Hi Dick, Hi All
Just got back today from a FAB U LOUS cruise to Alaska (6/27)! Still getting our land legs and getting back to reality. I'll post a review and pictures in the next few days but wanted to praise the crew of the Sapphire Princess as well as the food - and personal choice dining. Buffet dining at the Horizen was more than acceptable. Some choices were so-so, but overall was good. We ( boyfriend & I) chose Personal Choice dining and went to dinner about 8:00 - 8:30 each night and got seated right away Everytime. Concierge told us first night that reservations were booked and just to go. We did and were not disappointed with length of wait (5 minutes or less). We did not try Sabatini's however we heard RAVE reviews from everyone we met who did go. It seemed very popular so try to reserve first. We found the wait staff very good at all the restaurants, although it was slow at Sterling one night. New staff is being trained and this might have been the cause of the delay. Santa Fe was great food, great service - ask for Marco (tell him Paula & Matt from NY sent you ...) If you like the idea of sitting at the same table, same staff, same time and atmosphere, go with the Traditional I guess.... But we found personal choice dining to be great for us.

More review and pics when we get some sleep and adjust to East Coast time....

zzzzz

Paula