View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: New Reasons to stop tipping on Cruises!

I agree PapaBill, it's the little things these folks do for you to make your vacation a great time that gives me great pleasure to reward them with a generous tip. The tipping process allows those who want to make more money the capability to make more money than a straight wage.

Like the time we were on a family reunion cruise and we sat down to dinner with our neice and nephew (around 10 and 12 years old). They didn't care for anything on the menu and the waiter asked them what they would really like to eat. They both said hot dogs and potato chips. That wonderful waiter left for a few minutes and brought back foot-long hot dogs with potato chips and pickle spears. And he brought back a plate which had on it bowls of chopped onions, cole slaw, chili, and shredded cheese. My niece jumped up on her seat and gave him a big hug.

Each night after that he told them he has hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pizza, chicken fingers or anything else they would like. After dinner he didn't even need to ask them, he would bring them a bowl of ice cream and brownies.

Regards,
Thomas