Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Familiar Face

Default Monarch of the Seas RCCL

Planning 1st cruise over Spring Break in March to the Bahamas...

I chose RCCL Monarch of the Seas because it sails out of Port Canaveral and there is a good land/sea package with Universal Studios...but I'm second guessing my choice.

My kids are 13 and 8 so we're definitely interested in all of the kids and family activities.

Is this a good ship or should I consider something else? I'm open to another port if necessary if it means a better cruise line or cruise ship.

Thanks!!
Robin
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Robin,
Royal Carabean Cruises (RCC) offers pretty much the same expierence as most carnival corparation ships, ie. Carnival, Princess, etc. The only thing is in the long run Carnival maybe cheaper as i have heard of the purser charging for a band-aid! You made a good choice in my opinion as those ships are not MASSIVE but not to small, (Oasis is HUGE!) Consider Letting them try the teen club. Port Canaveral/ FT. Lauderdale/ Miami are the main ports. Really everything comes down to service, Rcc lacks a little but should create an over all good trip! Have Fun
Paul
TIP: lower the suggested tips as 4 people X 10 dollars = 40 dollars a day plus gas
Lower it and give some of the difference to your waiter and steward.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we're prepaying the tips to get My Time Dining. It'll be nice to have some flexibility. I won't mind tipping a little extra if we have good service though.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default First cruise

The ship is fine but if you can switch the date to 2nd week in April would be much better for the kids. March is the high season for a bunch of drunken
power drinkers. You will never be able to relax in a hot tub of pool because they will only be available very early a.m. April is great. All the spring breakers are back in school and the ships are fun again. If you havent
't booked yet I would go with Carnival Sensation April 10th is $274.00 per person at Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation

Have a great cruise. Ed