Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

Old February 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
John ,
You and I both know about the 'OLD P&O group" who had troubles with the more flexiable Azura coming on stream and when the P&O cruise board was migrated to the UK cruises dot co dot uk board.

They begger the thought that if not for new cruisers and younger ones cruising then the line will not survive. needs new monies so we can all afford to cruise,
Cheers mate
The P&O group followed me to the forum you mention in order to complain, when I was removed they eventually left & went back to P&O. Actually Azura is less flexible than say Ventura.
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:04 PM
First Mate

Default Old staff , old ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
The P&O group followed me to the forum you mention in order to complain, when I was removed they eventually left & went back to P&O. Actually Azura is less flexible than say Ventura.
The UK web site aside from a few is not that bad anymore though a few stalkers do exist and we found a few also have a lot that come on new only to post ugly remarks then leave.
But ignoring is the best advice and not posting replies to not encourage.

Sorry , off the topic'

In Azura's case its first clients were repeats which is great but the staff were brought in from other ships, which is to be expected and probably that mix meant, repeat what they think cruisers should do.
In your case some folks would consider a 28 day cruise to be like a segment on a world cruise and they tried to mix the dress methods.
Interesting on Golden Princess which we will be on in May 2011 for a reposition short 3 night cruise, the attire is all casual / smart casual.

Cheers
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old February 19th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Admiral

Default Is P&O flexible enough?

Another thought, I think P&O enjoys this strict dress code and JTD enjoys complying with them. (My theory is that P&O models themselves on Cunard). Where we disagree, he wants to see 100% compliance - not going to happen.

Good for them - whatever floats your boat!

For me, who cruises as a means to an end, P&O is not the line for me.

I think P&O will have to demonstrate flexibility on this issue if it wants to survive.

Cheers

Annie
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Admiral

I don't think I said I particularly enjoyed complying with the dress codes,but if there is one I will observe it, I have said I don't care what code it is, I repeat I have done Ocean Village which is all casual...not even that smart in a lot of cases! You also say I want 100% compliance, I don't think I said that really, just that if the cruise line states ''Dress codes apply in all areas of the ship after 6pm'' then they should stick to what they say.
I don't have a great deal of time for P&O, if I can't post on their forum I don't see why I should go on their ships, but they are handy in Southampton. BUT as for flexibility in reality...Ventura & Oceana have a dress code that says basically twice a week a man should wear a jacket & tie in the MDR, rest smart casual. Azura & Aurora are traditional dress, as previous but with semi formal (+ jacket) family ships. Arcadia, Oriana & Adonia are as traditional but child free.