Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Captain

Default Anyone else have thier itinerary changed to Egypt?

I was researching shore excursions and forgot which Turkey port it was going to be and noticed my ships itinerary for November and December had canceled Egypt. The same ship(NCL Jade) is still going there on the prior 3 sailings but not on the two I'm on

This was the reason I was going and even booked b2b in order to spend 4 days in Egypt over the 3 weeks. Seems to have happened right after final payment date which was just about 2 weeks ago when it was fine. Anyone on this ship or other lines also notice a change? I know there was a bit of protests there recently but if your going to cancel it would be all sailings not just a couple. Not sure why and didn't get anything from NCL even telling me it had changed.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Captain

If anyone is effected call the cruiseline and raise some hell. My TA was able to rebook us on an earlier sailing still going to Egypt for our original price even though that sailing is $300pp more. Pretty sure I will use Ryan for all my future cruises now

Old October 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am sorry - but glad you were able to work out an alternative.

Unfortunately, contractually the cruise lines have the complete and final authority to change itineraries on any cruise for reasons of safety (political, weather or otherwise) and they do not owe you anything (except if they had charged you a port charge for a destination they do not visit).

I find it a bit odd that the cruise lines are waiting until the very last minute to announce these changes, but they are.

Also - frankly I am a little surprised NCL is still going to Egypt. I hope they do not change their minds again, but I suggest you prepare yourself mentally for the possibility that another change in itinerary could be announced at the last minute.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Captain

I've wanted to go for awhile and thought this year might be more peaceful so a good opportunity. What's odd is not that there was a change but that they only changed a few sailings and then didn't notify us.