Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Need your feedback! CrewTrackr website now online!

Hello all!

Short version :

Visit my site here: http://crtrack.herokuapp.com

Long version:

I am relatively new to the cruise travel community, and would like to share with you a little project I have been working on.

A friend of mine works on-board the Ponant Austral, a luxury cruise ship owned by Ponant, a french cruise liner. Ponant specializes in "expedition cruises" and are leaders when it comes to Arctic and Antarctic cruises.

Sitting behind my desk at work during a rainy afternoon, I wanted to find a way for me to follow her extraordinary voyage which will last 7 months, starting in Vancouver and finishing in Ushuaia, Argentina.

I quickly discovered that many websites offer "limited" tracking facilities using AIS data, but I found the data either to be outdated, or limited in the amount of days you can view in the past.

Most importantly, I found myself staring at a little dot on a map, which doesn't really help me "visualize" her journey.

This is why I created CrewTrackr. CrewTrcker aims to store near real time AIS information and offer free archives of all its data. On top of this, CrewTrckr aims to immerse the visitor in the landscapes explored by a ship by looking for photos taken around each saved position. This way friends and family will not only be able to follow the boat, but also visualize the itinerary by browsing the landscapes encountered by the vessel.

Have a look at the website here: http://crtrack.herokuapp.com

Currently, it is only tracking the Ponant ship, but if you find this idea interesting and would like me to track another ship, please comment below and I will add your ship to the database.

Any feedback is welcome!

Many thanks!

Axel
Sponsored Links