Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2001, 10:49 AM
Pooh Bear

Default Ensenada/Honolulu/Ensenada

We booked for Millie Medit. 5/12/02 and since that itinerary no longer exists, we are thinking about back to back Hawaii. We did Hawaii on Infinity in April and while I loved it (Hawaii) hubby was not at all impressed with the islands. However, he did enjoy the sea days.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to book back to back Hawaii first quarter of 2002. We hate the long flight to/from Honolulu (to/from Ohio) and I'm thinking about flying into San Diego, bussing to Ensenada and doing the Hawaii Islands, ending in Honolulu, then, perhaps booking a different cruise ship - changing ships in Honolulu, doing the reverse cruise back to Ensenada.

Has anyone done this in the past? Looks kind of like with the air fares available and the prices we are seeing on cruises, we could do this for less (or very close to the same price) than our originally planned 12 day Medit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

A "getting happier" Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2001, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Ensenada/Honolulu/Ensenada

Pooh,
If you were considering this you might want to look at HAL's Statendam return SanDiego instead.
Departing from and returning to Ensanda gives you 6 or so hours of bus rides to deal with. Probably worse than flying to or from Honolulu.

Another option would be to join us for the CruiseMates Lets Get Lei'd cruise, Honolulu to Vancouver. 5/13/02. A great bunch booked so far! Here's a link to the info.. <http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/summit.cfm>

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 26th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Princess has a 15-day cruise in January 2003 that goes round trip from Los Angeles. It stops for an hour in Ensenada to satisfy the PSA. I recently saw this trip advertised as a nice discount...too bad I can't recall where I saw it :>(

JimM
Old November 26th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Pooh Bear

Thanks, guys, for the feedback - I've got to have a cruise to plan for and you've given me some good suggestions.

Happy Pooh