Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

Old September 12th, 2002, 02:48 PM
susan barnes

Default who has a better chance

we will be on the sept. 24th sailing of the summit. Yesterday I went to their web site and they show cat 1s and 2s for guarantee. these cabins have been sold out for quite a while. who has a better chance of an upgrade if we've already been sent our docs. the new bookings or people who booked months ago.
Old September 13th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: who has a better chance

The question is... what cabin category did you book? And, did you get a cabin assignment in that category or a guarantee?
Old September 13th, 2002, 10:26 AM
susan barnes

Default Re: Re: who has a better chance

I booked a catagory 1c aft cabin and I'm very happy with my cabin. I'm just asking out of curiosity and for the future.
Old September 13th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: who has a better chance

Well... nothing is chiseled in stone in these matters, but I'd say that while you have a statistical chance of an upgrade it is a very small one since you already have an assigned cabin. If you had taken a guarantee in 1C (if one had been offered at the time of booking) your upgrade chances would have been somewhat better. You really said the key words... you are happy with your cabin assignment! This being the case, I'd go ahead ready to enjoy the cruise. If an upgrade should occur, so much the better. I would caution, too, that there are 1A cabins with less attractive locations than your's seems to be... but the cruise line would consider that an upgrade. The cabins being the same, you might not be too happy with that.

Post Edited (09-13-02 20:11)
Old September 13th, 2002, 08:05 PM
AR

Default Re: who has a better chance

Susan:

If your cabin really is an "aft" cabin--meaning it overlooks the stern and has a huge balcony--I'm not too sure you should be coveting an upgrade. Of course different people have different views of these things, but those balconys are a knockout. You can literally almost live out there, including sleeping if you want to.

When is an upgrade not necessarily an upgrade?

When they take you out of an aft cabin on the Summit and put you in anything less than a Sky Suite. And I'm not sure I'd even trade for that.

Just one opinion.

AR