Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Default Bring own beer and bottle water

Does anyone know if you carry on a case of bottle water and a couple six packs of imported beer on board, with out having to sneak it on or hide it in a suitcase?????
We are RCI Navigator of the seas and not much of drinkers, but do like imported beer every now and then. Thanks much
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bring own beer and bottle water

Pack the beer in your luggage and it is doubtful that they will say anything. Actually you may be able to get away with it in a carry-on but technically it isn't allowed in most cases. It is the liqour that they mainly frown deeply upon but it is possible that they will 'hold' it for you until the cruise is over. As for the water, the ships water is a pure as any bottled water so it really isn't necessary. If you just feel better then go ahead and bring some with you as it is expensive onboard. What my wife and I do is just carry a bottle or two on with us and when it's empty we just refill it from the tap onboard.
Jim

Old January 18th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Yeoman

I doubt if you could show up with a six pack in each hand and not be challenged. That would be just to much in your face. The cruise line makes a considerable profit from the sale of beverages.

You really don't need bottled water on a ship.

There was a lengthy thread on this subject last week.

That said, give it a shot and let us know what happened.
Old January 19th, 2003, 08:04 AM
First Mate

I would ask security when boarding the ship. Celebrity let me bring beer on board when we were in Alaska last Sept. & Princess let me bring beer on board new years 2002.
George
Old January 19th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bring own beer and bottle water

I suspect the ship will have whatever brand of beer you like unless it is something not massed produced. If it's one of the "regular" imports such as Amstel, Fosters, Heinekin, Corona, etc. I would expect them to have it. If you're not much of a beer drinker I wouldn't think there's a big advantage (cost that is) to toting it all the way from home, taking up luggage space, taking up room space, increasing the weight and such that would make it worth it.

But if you need to bring some I'd recommend what Jim said.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 20th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Bring own beer and bottle water

a few bottles of beer and a couple of bottles of water shouldn't be a problem, i doubt that the cruise line would let you carry-on a case of water. Bring a couple of bottles of water with you, and then buy some more when in port.
Old January 20th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Yeoman

As I stated in an earlier thread, I have taken cruises where people boarded with a case of beer on their shoulder carrying a grocery bag full of liquor. Other cruise lines have clearly posted restrictions on bringing liquor and soft drinks aboard.

Either check with the cruise line in advance or you pays your money and takes your chance.

I will continue to pack (very, very carefully) what I intend to consume and board with angelic look.