Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:47 AM
DRE

Default meds

What is the proper way of bringing your meds on board? Do I have to keep them in the original bottles or can I bring them in my "pill box" that I usually use. This is easier for me as I have difficulty remembering if I took this pill or that pill today.
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: meds

You can keep them in the pill box. My mother has multiple post-cancer meds that she must take and has always just loaded up one of the week-long pill boxes and taken it. She does however take a copy of when/what she takes, the dosage, and doctor contact info in case of an emergency.

Jodi

Old June 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
DRE

wonderful idea! I didn't think about keeping a list with me. thank you!
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Yeoman

We, too, used the daily reminder dispensers. We take a copy of the actual prescription. That way, if you, for some reason, needed to get some while you are away, you have something to give the pharmacist. Also, take a copy of your glasses prescription if you wear glasses, particularly if you wear contacts. They get lost or tear so easily.

Carnival Inspiration
Old June 14th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Admiral

the cruise line recommends that you bring all meds, prescription and non-prescription in their original, marked containers, this can be a real hassle if you buy in bulk or take multiple meds. The daily dispensers are great, just bring along a copy of the original prescriptions. If however you are taking some type of narcotic - then i would definately bring that in the original marked prescription container.
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:30 PM
First Mate

what are schedule a and b drugs? I carried all my meds in one bottle and no problem at all. I always combine to save room in my purse. Anyway I do not think blood pressure and anti depress meds would be questioned.

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Schedule A and B (or Schedule 1, 2, 3 and 4) meds are controlled narcotic medications including (in various schedules): morphine, oxycontin, codeine, roxicet, darvocet, vicodin, etc. These meds should be in their original containers..............much less hassle.

Old June 16th, 2004, 03:33 AM
bravemom

My pharmasist has always reccommended that the meds stay in the perscription bottles (he is also quite willing to break out a small travel size portion into a labled bottle) . I never take prescriptions for additional meds because the majority of doctors are lic. only in the state they practice and therefore their perscriptions are not valid outside that state or outside the country.

With regards to sched. A/B drugs-I have had to make arrangements with my cruiseline to have mine locked up in a fridge in the medical quarters. I have to travel with morphine supposotories in case of a major migrane (43 yrs. old w/ migranes causing 2 strokes last year). These have to be refridgerated and of course the small cabin fridges have no locks so....in any case, if someone has a sched A/B that they don't want lying around in the room safe the cruise lines will let you check them into the medical facility.

If you want the daily reminder type of container check out a store that carries travel supplies-I purchased a zippered meds wallet with the days of the week imprinted above the elastic bands that hold the pill bottles for less than $10.00. It is very compact and will fit well into the wall safe.

Happy cruising, and don't forget those non perscription essentials (pepsid, immodium, dramamine, benadryl, advil.....)