Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Default how cold?

Okay - I've got a question.
How cold/cool does it actually get on deck at night when you are at sea? I thought our TA said something about it being kind of cool because of the wind and such. Also, how about the air conditioning in the restaurants/bars/show rooms? Is it set pretty low that I would need to bring a sweater/jacket/something to wear over a sleeveless dress?
Thanks for any help!

Old September 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
river guy

Default Re: how cold?

You will need a lite wrap or sweater at night sometimes in the diff. areas: clubs, dining room , etc.
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
cricket55

Depends on where you are cruising of course. My experience in the Southern Caribbean is that it doesn't get cool at all on deck at night. You're still fine in shorts and short sleeve tops. A funny story is that on our first cruise ever out of San Juan, after dinner I went back to the cabin and changed into jeans and put on a light jacket, while my husband told me I was nuts. But I insisted the night air at sea would be cool. We walked out the automatic doors to the pool deck and whoosh.....the warm sea air hit me like a ton of bricks! It was one of the rare occasions that I told my hubby he was right (lol) and went back to the cabin to change into shorts and a t-shirt.

Eastern Caribbean in winter can be cool at night however.
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Admiral

its always a good idea to bring a lightweight sweater or wrap especially if your outfit is sleevless or halter style.
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM
cali-croozer

On the Conquest, in June, it was warm and humid on deck all the time, but inside the ship was freezing (at least I was.........probably because of the huge temp change from outside to inside). Anyway, definitely pack something to keep you warm for the evening. I saw people in the main showroom wrapped in the big Carnival towels to keep warm. They sell nice wraps in the Carnival gift shops, in all colors, for $10..........
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Okay - will definitely bring something. Unless I (conveniently) forget and then have to buy one on the ship!
Thanks to all!

Old September 7th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Admiral

It will be a little cool on Alaska and Baltic cruises; definitely need something to take the chill off. Cruises to Anrarctica or above the Arctic Circle you also need to be careful of; definitely need a jacket.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old September 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
David Starkey

You might need a little something for the ships public rooms, but most ports of the southern Caribbean are hot and humid year round.(too humid for me to enjoy many outdoor activities unless its water related activities.)
For other destinations such as Alaska, Canada(East and Western, Northern Europe or Transatlantic....I always bring a jacket.
Old September 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
convert

I stood on the deck facing the ocean directly at 2am in the morining on an October cruise int he Caribbean in a tee shirt and shorts and was not one bit cold or chilly. The air and wind were perfectly warm. In Alaska I probably would have iced over.