Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default Transfer from fort lauderdale airport to princess and back

I would like to know what would be the best method for transfer from fort lauderdale airport to port everglades princess dock and back. I am going on 2 week cruise. I am trying to find the best way. I know that taxis are always available but I was wondering if there is a more economical form of transportation.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Taxi is probably your best bet especially if there is more than one person. It is a very short distance from the airport to the pier. Fare should be under $20 for the entire cab. The pp charge for a shuttle is usually about $10.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Princess shuttle is definitely NOT the way to go. You have to drag your luggage to the bus area (or pay for a cart at $3) and then wait until the bus is full before they leave. In returning to the airport, you again have to wait until the bus is full and again be left a good distance from your airlines checkin.

In both cases, taxis are readily available and for one person about $15 - it's only 10 minutes from the port. And, you are dropped off at your airline.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Take one of the many cabs waiting and arrive at the airport in just minutes, refreshed from NOT taking the transfer....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Even though you don't need it you I'll give you another: "Take the Taxi". It's less expensive, easy and faster.

The port is just ten minutes from the airport so it's a short ride.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Familiar Face

Default I'm going to take taxi. Thanks for advice.

Thanks cruisemates for the advice concerning the best conveyance to the Princess from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. This may seem like a minor
thing to most travelers, but I almost missed a flight because NCL arranged for transit and then told me on the day we rerurned that they would not start the transporting of customers until after the flight was gone. I went via taxi.

Amiable
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

ditto what the others have said, TAXI, TAXI, TAXI, lol. the cruise ship terminal is so close to the airport, not more than a 10 minute ride