Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Australia/New Zealand
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Syndey area "must-see or do" suggestions?

Prior to our cruise we will spend a few days around Sydney harbour. However, when we return, we have 4 days to kill before our return flight home. We are going to rent a car for this period and I am looking for suggestions on places to see that are not too far from Sydney.

We like quaint, scenic and historical areas. I have been told that we might enjoy the Hunter valley area.

Can anyone make any suggestions please?

TIA
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Hi...We are heading to Sydney in Feb'09 and staying 6 nights prior to our cruise, I have found a brilliant site showing 'things to do' we have booked the 'Sydney Sightseeing Pass' - See Sydney and Beyond Smartvisit Card, looks as if it's gonna save us quite a lot of money take a look at the site -

[/url]http://www.viator.com/Sydney/d357-ttd?activities=all

Enjoy your cruise

cheers
BJ

Old November 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Default Sydney area suggestions

Hi, I have lived in Sydney for almost four years. I think a nice area is south of Sydney - the South Coast. There is a nice beach area called Molly Mook and a beach called Pebble Beach. You can see wild kangaroos on the beach. The Central Coast - which is north of Sydney is quite nice too. There is a reptile park there near Gosford. Canberra (the capital of Australia) is about a 3 hour drive. The War Memorial and museum are good there. Australia is a fairly new country (as far as European settlement goes - the aboriginal people have been here for a looong time) so I'm not so sure that a lot of places qualify as historical as far as westerners are concernced ie old buildings etc. Anyway, have a lovely holiday. Make sure you do the Bondi to Coogee walk - I always start at the Coogee end if you are active people. It takes about 1 1/2 hours.
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Familiar Face

Many thanks all - Excellent suggestions!

We are on our way in just over a week and are very excited about the trip!
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Admiral

I hope you have an enjoyable journey Kenneth.

Remember to take lots of photo's so we can follow you virtually???

LB

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Sydney is the most popular city in the state of New South Wales. It has great beaches, cutting-edge cuisine and a flamboyant nightlife. There are many good accommodation options are available for You.

Last edited by Kuki; February 25th, 2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello, thank you for your posts. I am planning, still planning, to take a long cruise from California to Australia (25 or 29 days they tell me) this Fall, 2011. Any suggestions that might be useful. I am traveling alone, hence would like to know how I can cut my expenses. Would a cruise mate help for such a long travel? How would I go about doing that? I have a PhD, am in my 40s and have traveled - by plane, train and car mostly (around the world). Prefer travelers who are sophisticated.
Old November 26th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Kenneth,
I hope you will have a wonderful time there.Sidney is the capital of Australia and there are too many things you can watch outthere like Sidney cricket ground, beach view, etc.. These places are truly amazing and lookative. One thing I would rather suggest you is the last minute deals from where you will get some more positive, effective and helpful tips to enjoy in Sidney.
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello everyone,
I felt good to read that you have planned the vacations to Sidney. As fas as my openion is concerned, I think you must take some guidance tips for Sidney vacations from the last minute deals and I assure that you will feel more relaxed after getting these tips.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default LastMinute.com

First of all........I would like to wish you "Happy Journey" and one more thing I would like to say is, you have chosen very nice place i.e. Sidney. And if you need any tips then LastMinute.com is always ready to help you with the given link:
http://www.dozenvacation.com/Vacatio...minutecom.html
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

they have some good markets there..