Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Familiar Face

Default World Cruise Samplers from Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Paul Motter and Cruisemates,

When I read your comprehensive article, “World Cruises Part II - The Luxury Lines,” July 6, 2011, you expressed your surprise that Azamara Club Cruises did not offer a world cruise, since we position ourselves “as a step above the premium lines Princess and Holland America” and that since both were doing so in 2012, why weren’t we.

As you alluded, we have categorized our position as “Up-market” because based on the past cruise histories of our guests, we believe that we bridge the gap with our more inclusive fares and exceptional guest experience between the onboard experiences delivered by the “ultra luxury” cruise lines such as Seabourn and Silversea and by the “premium/deluxe” category such as Princess, Crystal, Oceania or Holland America.

With that in mind, if you were to ask for my opinion about whether Azamara should offer a world cruise, I would reply that it’s too soon to consider taking the leap since we are still in our product introductory phase. Actually, it’s been only 15 months; this past April we celebrated the first anniversary of the relaunch of Azamara Cruises to Azamara Club Cruises!

Although the accelerating awareness about our product distinction of “destination-immersion” (more time in port for culturally enriching experiences) has generated demand from new customers and repeat business from past guests, I would recommend to Larry Pimentel that we continue on our present course before taking that big step, especially as a two-ship operation. In time, we’ll have developed a critical mass of guests to determine whether they might have the interest, desire and discretionary time to support adding a “world cruise” into our itinerary mix.*

Typically, most World Cruises operate in the first quarter of the New Year as an alternative to the normal itinerary patterns operating in the Caribbean, South America and South East Asia. But where is “it written” that to be an authentic “World Cruise” that is must be relegated to the beginning of the year and/or that it must circumnavigate the globe and begin and end in the same port?

Currently, we offer to travelers who do have more discretionary time our Azamara Club Cruises’ Extended Voyages program, which offers the opportunity to seamlessly join two, three, four or more consecutive voyages into one incredible regionally immersive experience. Now guests have an opportunity to enjoy a collection of what I would call - “World Cruise Samplers” which offer them the flexibility to enjoy an unstructured world cruise experience “as they like it” with respect to “when” and “where.”

With the Azamara Quest or Azamara Journey sailing in the Far East, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, or South America, travelers can break out of the mold by simply selecting a season before embarking on a voyage of a lifetime, ranging from 11 - to 78-nights without repeated ports of call. In addition, guests booking consecutive voyages will receive $300 per voyage, per stateroom for voyages of eight days or less and $400 savings per voyage, per stateroom for voyages of nine days or more for even greater value on an immersive adventure.

Recently we published “Extended Voyages,” a new 48-page brochure which features a collection of longer voyages called “Grand Adventures from Two Weeks to Nearly Three Months.” They can be ordered online Azamara Cruises | Azamara Club Cruises/ through a link on our website or view it by clicking on the link to 2011-2012 Extended Voyages eBook!

Paul, I appreciate your bringing up the subject of “when” and “if” we’ll introduce World Cruises. Should we decide, sometime in the future, to offer a world cruise, you’ll be one of the first to know!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

(* Note - my “World Cruise” reference does not imply that ACC intends to offer such product and was stated as a “hypothetical.”)
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thanks Bill - it's good for Azamara fans to know they have that option.

Old July 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Bill, great information. Please keep posting here; someday I plan on cruising Azamara and CruiseMates is my main locale for keeping up on all the cruiselines.

Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I wish more cruise lines had the common sense to post on message boards.

Old July 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Paul, you have had a long time relationship with Tim Rubacky; get him to post. He would be very welcome on both Oceania and Regent boards and might even breathe life into the Regent board.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 19th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Bill, great information. Please keep posting here; someday I plan on cruising Azamara and CruiseMates is my main locale for keeping up on all the cruiselines.

Marc
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your encouragement and I will continue to post more information about the Azamara experience.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Azamara Journey or the Azamara Quest for your first vacation which we hope will be followed by many others.

Regards,

Bill Leiber
Old July 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Hi Paul,

Thank Larry Pimentel, Azamara Club Cruises CEO and President, for his common sense, marketing savvy and vision to create the Chief Blogging Officer position. I’m pleased that Larry chose me for this pioneering role. The sole purpose of my existence is to be his “eyes and ears” to manage our brand’s reputation and provide him and his executive staff with guest feedback that can bridge the gap between what Azamara thinks its guests want and what they are really saying about their needs and wants.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Bill Leiber
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ive just looked at the online brochure for the extended cruises....damn now Granny has to start "thinking" again. Prices look good....except....then I just have to look at the "bigger better cabins".......how do I get a job as a "chief blogging officer"??

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Granny Lorr,

It was great to hear from you all the way from Australia and learn that you’re going to start thinking about Azamara Club Cruises’ “World Cruise Samplers.” You mentioned that you might be considering one of the “bigger, better, cabins” if you do decide.

By all means, please do. I can see that in a few weeks you’re about to enjoy an 88 day voyage on the luxury Seabourn Pride and I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful experience. Keep in mind, that we have categorized Azamara Club Cruises as “Up-market” based on the past cruise histories of our guests. We believe that we bridge the gap with our more inclusive fares and exceptional guest experience between the onboard experiences delivered by the “ultra luxury” cruise lines such as Seabourn and Silversea and by the “premium/deluxe” category such as Princess, Crystal, Oceania or Holland America.

Based on guest feedback, they understand that a quality vacation experience successfully delivered at our “more-inclusive” fares, which average about 15% below those offered by our competitive set, consider our value proposition to be the best. Bottom line, you will receive more for the money you paid.

I’m not sure you’d ever want to be a “chief blogging officer.” You’d have to give up too much time which would cut into your free-time to enjoy cruising to your heart’s content. Hopefully, we’ll be able to welcome you aboard on an Azamara “World Cruise Sampler” in the future.

In the meantime, my best wishes for a wonderful experience on the Seabourn Pride.

Regards,

Bill Leiber
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

I clicked on the above link and filled in the request for the brochures, but there was no option to choose the "extended cruises" brochure. I am only interested in LONG cruises. Our shortest has been one month and up to 3 months. I know I can read it online, but its easier to study when in print form!

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:13 AM
Familiar Face

Hello Granny Lorr,

Thank you for your time in letting us know about this problem in ordering the Extended Voyages brochure so that we can correct it on our website.

In the meantime, so that you can start your studies, please contact Azamara's Le Club Voyage (past guest program) so they can mail you the brochure to your home address. The email address is –
LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience and I’m sure you’ll find a LONG cruise that suits your needs.

Regards,

Bill Leiber
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default world cruise

I am interested in world cruisisng..I am new to this web sight....I appreciate any information...

thanks,

Maria:
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspirit View Post
I am interested in world cruisisng..I am new to this web sight....I appreciate any information...

thanks,

Maria:
Hello Maria –

You mentioned that you’re new to CruiseMates website and I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time visiting.

Although Azamara Club Cruises does not operate a “stand-alone” world cruise, we do offer our own unique and unstructured version of the World Cruise experience through our Azamara Club Cruises’ Extended Voyages program, which provides you the opportunity to seamlessly join two, three, four or more consecutive voyages into one incredible regionally immersive experience.

If you’re interested in viewing an electronic version of or new brochure, visit our website: Azamara Cruises | Azamara Luxury Cruises | Azamara Club Cruises or you can order one by contacting Azamara's Le Club Voyage (past guest program) so they can mail you the brochure to your home address. The email address is – LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com.

Also, I encourage you spend more time exploring CruiseMates to learn more about its features and benefits.

I hope that we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you onboard sometime very soon.

Regards,

Bill Leiber
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I found some really interesting stuff in your post especially this discussion. Keep up the good work.

Old December 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Sounds Good ... glad to know that