Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:33 PM
First Mate

Default Cable Beach, Nassau

Hi all!

Cable Beach question: I'm guessing it's pretty easy to get there, with all the taxi's lined up at Nassau's pier.

BUT: is it easy to get back? Are there plentiful taxis waiting to get people back to the pier? Or will we be left to walk back :op

BTW - Anyone been recently and have an idea of prices for taxis there? It's just DH & myself, so I'm thinking $10 for both of us each way - is this close to accurate?

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:29 AM
dee-lynn

Default Re: Cable Beach, Nassau

it's also easy and cheap enough to get a bus to Cable Beach. Just ask any of the locals. We were also told that we could use the beach facilities of the British Colonial Hotel which is very close to port in Bahamas
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Beaches in the Bahamas are public and open to anyone. That does not mean the chairs and facilities belonging to a hotel or resort are yours free to use.
Cable beach is a short cab ride (not a walk) or a short bus ride. Either way is inexpensive. Cabs are avialable for the return trip or you can go to the desk or concierge at any hotel and ask them to call one for you.
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:20 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Cable Beach, Nassau

Super! I was worried about getting back. Just wondering about the safety of a bus over that of a cab. But it may be a nice little adventure to try :o)

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Nikki Y

I stayed at Cable Beach in Feb. and it's really easy getting to and from the area by bus. We took bus #10 and it cost $1.00 per person one way. You could take a taxi which costs more. We took the bus several times and it was fine. Just be sure to check to see when the last bus runs, I think it was around 6 pm.
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Paulette miller

just got back from cruising on the infinity and we took a taxi to cable beach. $7 per person. very easy to navigate always someone there waiting to bring you back. I did not see bathrooms, so we had to use one of the resorts facilities. No very clean!!! The beach was beautiful, although we didn't like seeing children trying to hustle. Have a great time and don't worry about transportation , it is plentiful.
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Cable Beach, Nassau

We grabbed a taxi to Cable Beach. It cost us $5 per person. They dropped us off at Crystal Plaza. You can walk through the hotel to get to the beach and also use the pool and restrooms. Bring beach towels. We used the ones on the ship but folded the Carnival logo under so that we didn't stand out. You can grab a taxi at the front entrance to the hotel back to the ship.