Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Passenger

Default Sandy Beach in Dominica!

Here is an E-mail I sent and the very nice answer.
Hei1980@aol.com wrote:

>We will be arriving by ship on May 4 and hope we could have a day pass to
>your hotel beach? We would arrive in the morning, enjoy the beach, have drinks
>and lunch, then depart.
>It is said "there are no sandy beaches in Dominica only warm, friendly
>people." I know it is true about the warm and friendly people but is it true about
>the no sandy beaches?
>
>I cannot pull up your website, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
>
>Rae

Hello Rae:

Thank you for your email. OUr website is : http://www.coconutbeachdominica.com

That is not entirely true. We do have a few, including ours which is the best, and prettiest of all, approx 3 or so....yes not that many at all...our beach, almost 1 and half miles long with a wide enough expanse, pure golden sandy beach, is very safe and excellent for snorkeling and off shore diving. Diving spots are located further out with Cabrits dive center who are located just 10 mins away from us.

Please visit www.visit-dominica.com, newly built about 1 year, also for further information and details on dominica and the beaches we do have. We are listed there as well.

You do not require a day pass to our beach and hotel's facilities! We certainly do appreciate your passing the word on to your fellow friends and passengers on board the ship, to join you for lunch and cocktails. Music will be available for your enjoyment.

Please let us know if we can be of further service to you. Looking forward to entertaining you here on the 4th of May, and any other group/s that may wish to join you.

Also available is a complete water sports center for your recreation; hobie cat sailing, kayaking to secret beach, or just wind surfing, or just lying on our beach chairs, are some of your options.

thank you for contacting us.

Regards

Liz

--
Elizabeth Karam Williams
Manager
Coconut Beach Hotel
Box 37
Picard Estate
Portsmouth
Commonwealth of Dominica
West Indies
Tel: 1-767-445-5393/225-7358
Fax: 1-767-445-5693
Primary Email: cbh89ck@netscape.net
Secondary Email: ea_karam@hotmail.com
URL : www.coconutbeachdominica.com

Hello Rae:

Thank you for your email. OUr website is : http://www.coconutbeachdominica.com

That is not entirely true. We do have a few, including ours which is the best, and prettiest of all, approx 3 or so....yes not that many at all...our beach, almost 1 and half miles long with a wide enough expanse, pure golden sandy beach, is very safe and excellent for snorkeling and off shore diving. Diving spots are located further out with Cabrits dive center who are located just 10 mins away from us.

Please visit www.visit-dominica.com, newly built about 1 year, also for further information and details on dominica and the beaches we do have. We are listed there as well.

You do not require a day pass to our beach and hotel's facilities! We certainly do appreciate your passing the word on to your fellow friends and passengers on board the ship, to join you for lunch and cocktails. Music will be available for your enjoyment.

Please let us know if we can be of further service to you. Looking forward to entertaining you here on the 4th of May, and any other group/s that may wish to join you.

Also available is a complete water sports center for your recreation; hobie cat sailing, kayaking to secret beach, or just wind surfing, or just lying on our beach chairs, are some of your options.

thank you for contacting us.

Regards

Liz

Hei1980@aol.com wrote:

>We will be arriving by ship on May 4 and hope we could have a day pass to
>your hotel beach? We would arrive in the morning, enjoy the beach, have drinks
>and lunch, then depart.
>It is said "there are no sandy beaches in Dominica only warm, friendly
>people." I know it is true about the warm and friendly people but is it true about
>the no sandy beaches?
>
>I cannot pull up your website, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
>
>Rae Heim
>

--
Elizabeth Karam Williams
Manager
Coconut Beach Hotel
Box 37
Picard Estate
Portsmouth
Commonwealth of Dominica
West Indies
Tel: 1-767-445-5393/225-7358
Fax: 1-767-445-5693
Primary Email: cbh89ck@netscape.net
Secondary Email: ea_karam@hotmail.com
URL : www.coconutbeachdominica.com
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:13 AM
kelly0504

Default Re: Sandy Beach in Dominica!

This sounds great. How did you find out about it? I will also be in Dominica the same day (Cruising Destiny) and would possibly be interested in visiting the beach. My mom and I had decided to probably just spend the day in Dominica as a primarily pool day on the ship because we are both sun/beach type of people and were not real interested in seeing the rain forest or doing anything real adventerous. Do you have any idea if there are beach chairs available for rent at this beach?

May 4 is also my birthday, so it would be fun to spend a nice day at the beach for my B-Day!
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sandy Beach in Dominica!

kelly0504:

I have been working on finding a sandy beach in Dominica for the past two months. Working so hard without any luck had decided to stay on board the ship.
What a waste, how often will we get to Dominica? Found the Coconut Beach Hotel in my travel book & from Liz's write-up, sounds like the best beach on the West-side of the island. (Eastside has strong currents.) So, if there is no rain this will be the spot for us. Hope you will join us sitting on the beach? BTW the Coconut Beach Restaurant sounds great also.
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:40 PM
kelly0504

Default Re: Re: Re: Sandy Beach in Dominica!

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to talk it over with my mom and see what she wants to do. I checked out the website and it looks pretty good, the restaurant sounded good as well, but we may still decide to just stay on the ship and just catch a cab to visit Mr. Nice's fruit stand and see a little bit of the island.......just not sure yet. Thanks again for the info and maybe we will see you there.