Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
BoosterMom

Default Drivers License in St. Maarten???

We're thinking about renting a Jeep, car, or something in St. Maarten. Does a U.S. Driver's License work there or do you have to apply for an international driver's license? Also, do you reserve ahead of time or can you rent when you get off ship??? Thanks for any help here..........
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drivers License in St. Maarten???

We had no problem using our US DL when we rented a scooter there. Should be the same for a jeep.
Jim

Old April 25th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drivers License in St. Maarten???

I used my US Driver's License to rent a car in St. Maarten. If your ship is in port there early in the day, there should be plenty of cars. Buf if I know that I am going to rent a car, I like to have one reserved ahead of time. Make sure you check it out (brakes, lights, etc.) before you take it for the day.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?