Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Brittany

Default Busch Gardens and Sea World or Disney World??

As you can see from my many many other posts, we are going to tampa in may. After our cruise we were wanting to stay in tampa or orlando and maybe go to Epcot Center or Busch Gardens. If anyone has any suggestions about going to any of these places or where would be better. Also anywhere to stay while down there. We would appreciate any help! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Busch Gardens and Sea World or Disney World??

Hi Brittany,
We did a trip to Tampa and Busch Gardens years ago and thought it was well worth the traveling from Orlando, you can get only so much Disney, needed a change and it was a welcome visit. We stayed at a Holiday in right on the beach in Tampa along the strip there. Of course we had already done Epcot, which I sure wouldn't want to miss either, so its really up to you, if you feel like driving to Tampa and Busch Gardens. Either way, you'll have a great time.

Donnassei
Old January 11th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Phil Flowers

Brittany
First Of All Relax And Have fun With Your Family. I Have Been To All The Parks You Mentions Several Times, With My Family. I Prefer, Busch Gardens For Ages 8 Years Old And Up. Although If You're In The Orlando Area Go To Universal Studio. There's 2 Days Of Fun For The Entire Family. And You Want Be Disapointed. Disney World Is Great, If You Have A Lot Of Time, 4 to 7 Days. The Internet Has A Lot Of Deals On Good Hotels. Days Inn, Is A Great Family Hotel Plus On Line Discounts. Continue To Ask Questions, About Your Vacation. The More You Know The More Enjoyable Your Vacation Will Be. On Top Of That You Will Have A Great Cruise And Have Many Great Memories. I Hope This Helps You.

Phil
Old January 11th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Brittany,
I would definatly go for Disney instead of Bush Gardens. Bush Gardens was nothing great. If you have the option to go to Disney instead don't pass it up!
Old January 11th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Brittany

Thank you all for the help! Does anyone know where you can get cheaper than 200$ per person tickets to Disney World? Buying a cruise was expensive enough let alone spending that much for tickets! thanks again!

Brittany
Old January 12th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Phil Flowers

Check Their On Line Internet, disney.com They have Specials On Tickets.
Also If You Want To Wait Until You Get There. Ask At The Ticket Window, Do They Have Any Special Ticket Purchases. Depending On What Day You Arrive, They will Offer Incentive Ticket Plans. trying To Get Their Attendances Up On Slow Days. ( Monday & Wednesday )
Old January 24th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Cheri

Default Re: Busch Gardens and Sea World or Disney World??

Brittany,
Last August my family (all 5 of us) took a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and then spent 3 days at Walt Disney World. It was the best vacation we have ever had!! The only thing we regret is that we did not have enough time at Disney World. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness Cabins in Disney World and because we were staying on a Disney resort property , we got length of stay passes to anywhere in Walt Disney world which includes things that usually cost extra to get into like the water parks and also included a flex option which we used for a Pooh character breakfast. At Ft. Wilderness cabins you have the option of going out to eat or cooking something in your cabin. It had one bedroom that slept 4 and a fold out bed in the living room that slept another 2. For a total of 3 nights and the passes, flex option, and insurance for the 5 of us it cost about $2000. Sounds like a lot but by the time we paid for hotel rooms off property and passes it would have cost us about $1000 more. We booked the disney part of our trip through Disney Travel and not the cruiseline. It saved us a bunch of money! If you have any questions, e-mail me. All this info I got on my own because my TA at the time wasn't very helpful. Hope this helps!