Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Yeoman

Default Do Carnival ever response to e-mails

Hi all

MY TA tells me the new lower prices are for new bookings only!! As I have now paid in full and due to cruise in 4 weeks I have been trying to get a response from Carnival direct as to why I cannnot get the better price or credit onboard? Have now sent them 4 e-mails but no reply. Should I keep tryng? any sugesstions.
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer
Default Re: Do Carnival ever response to e-mails

Have you tried calling them? I'd call them and talk to a rep over the phone. And because of their sucky customer service through the email, I'd demand some ship credit towards your purchases or maybe even an upgrade!
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Yeoman

I sent an e-mail on a thursday or friday and got a response on the following monday but it was just a request for an excursion list with prices.

I would ask your TA to try again. I called my TA when I saw the prices dropping for our 12/9/01 cruise and she was able to get me upgraded two separate times. First from a 4C to a 4D and then from the 4D to a 6B
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

And why are you, if I may ask, doing the work and calling Carnival? Isn't that why you paid a travel agent fee?
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Yeoman

Hi

Thanks for such quick responses,, I have asked my TA three times to get me the better price and all they say is its for new booking only, so I decided to go direct to carnival. If I don't hear anything back from Carnival by the end of the week I will telephone them, as I am in the UK do you think the London office will be of any help?

Bye for now
Michelle
Old November 14th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Robocop

Michelle,
If the prices are for new bookings only and you are inside of the date for final payment, (and 4 week before sailing is), then you are out of luck. Due to the panic and slow bookings because of the terrorist attack in Sept cruiselines have done some very strange pricing to attempt to fill ships. All the time previous the earlier you booked the better off you were as you could take advantage of price reductions almost all the way up to the sailing. This was good for the cruiser! It will shortly be that way again but at the present time, cruielines are desperate to fill ships and are cutting prices way below what they should charge. Additionally quite often ships are offering passengers onboard the ability to continue on the next week for unheard of low prices and these prices can only be had by those that are already on the ship.
Jim
Old November 14th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LifeIsCruising

I mailed Bob Dickinson, CEO of Carnival, to thank him for a lovely cruise, he mailed me back the next day. Personally, I continue to be impressed with the level of customer service at Carnival. Maybe it's your approach?
Old November 16th, 2001, 05:51 PM
holly

Fat Chance. It took over a month to get my past guest number from them. I thought this was supposed to be the type of thing a computer would help acheive a fast turn around time with. I've now been waiting 12 days for a reply regarding Sunday football broadcasts on the Spirit.
Old November 18th, 2001, 04:29 PM
Yeoman

Hi

I finally got a reply after 5 e-mails, my approach has always be friendly and nice, just wanted an answer to why they state in their brochure "book early and get best price" when this is not the case. The reply was go back to my TA as there was nothing carnival can do! So I did and TA says its up to Carnival. I give Up.
Old November 23rd, 2001, 06:44 PM
holly

I have now been waiting 19 days with no response to my very basic football broadcast question!!! I also wrote (not the form, but a special letter ) to Carnival after our 112/99 Triumph cruise. Its a good thing I didn't hold my breathe. I am still waiting a esponse. Don't get me wong, going Carnival spirit 12/01. However, if they ask for feedback and I take the $#$*%*** time to do an entire special letter they can well afford the postage to sand me a form letter acknowledging that somebody bothered to read what I said and considered a good/bad point ( or did they? Circular file?).
Old November 23rd, 2001, 07:01 PM
holly

My kids are now 22 3/4 and 26. Sounds like when they were growing up and I had a house full of "I did't do it gremlins." There is, to my mind ABSOLUTLY NO EXCUSE for not even acknowledging a phone or written question or complaint within 2 business days. I have been working in a service industry for over 10 years and if I treated my company's clients they way I and others (per assorted message boards) are regularly treated I could not afford my 12/01 cruise. I would be job hunting. We work long and hard to do these kind of vacations in my household and i will NOT tolerate shabby treatment. I plan to do Alaska and Hawaii in the next 1-3 years. Will it be Carnival? Depends on my experience 12/13/01 and after. There are plenty of other carriers who want my business and discount both in advance and last minute out there. When I book a cruise I consider these points, in order or importance: itinerary, availability of departue dates, price for the minimum cabin I can live with.