Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Cortney

Default What to wear to the captains dinner

Any GOOD suggestions for what a girl should wear on formal night ???
E-mail me if you have any.
cortney_rules@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What to wear to the captains dinner

If you're the type who likes to dress up, do it! Think of it as a New Year's eve or company Christmas party in a tropical location. A lot of people love putting on their fanciest duds and strutting their stuff. I'll be wearing a tux on the two formal nights. . . . . That doesn't mean you have to dress like you're dining at a White House function. . . A lot of people prefer to dress more informally. But if you've got a cocktail dress that you'd love to wear and haven't found the occasion to wear it. . . . this is the time to do it!
Old July 4th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: What to wear to the captains dinner

The Captains Dinner is the first formal night and is considered to be the dressier of the formal nights. I always wear black tie tuxedo and Mrs Robo wears her best formal gown. On the second or any subsequant formal nights I still wear a tux but liven it up with colourful accessories and Mrs Robo usually keeps it to a formal dress instead of a gown.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 4th, 2002, 08:34 PM
DeniseToAlaska

Default Re: What to wear to the captains dinner

I just returned from the 6/26 Carnival Spirit, and I saw everything from nice plain shirts to drop-dead gowns, from pant suits to formal Korean and Indian attire.

There are over 2,000 people, so dress however you want! I can't even tell you what the norm was, there was no norm. A big mix of everything. My long sparkly gown was not at all out of place, and neither was my friend's black slacks and shiny shirt.

Denise