Old January 1st, 2003, 10:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Kon-Tiki Party Raft

Happy New Year Cruisemates!

I'm interested in getting feedback from fellow cruisers who have been aboard the Kon-Tiki Party Raft out of St. Thomas.

What did you like about it?

What didn't you like about it?

What beach did it stop at?

If you've been to Magen's Bay AND also have been to the beach that the Kon-Tiki goes to, how would you compare them?

Thanks for your consideration and input.

Old January 2nd, 2003, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Kon-Tiki Party Raft

We did this, It was OK, Rum is extremely watered down. I guess a lot of your enjoyment is what you get out of it. It goes to a small beach that has a volleyball net. A big group of us went there and played vollyball. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, However, If I were in St. Thomas again, I would not do this excursion again. Alot of other excursion have drinking, if this is the reason for this one, find another!
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:16 PM
jwendt

Default Re: Re: Kon-Tiki Party Raft

a large group of us also did this, i agree with the watered down punch , the beach was kind of dirty and we tried to do some snorkeling , not much to see , lots of sea urchins in the water so watch out. If you are going on the destiny and want a party cruise go on the jolly roger in Barbados puts this one to shame.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:25 PM
Captain

Default AMEN AMEN

If you have never been to Magens bay, it would be a crime to miss it.
Although they have a bar and shop on the beach, we took our own booze.
The Jolly Roger in Barbados is THE party boat. If you want to dance and
get all jelly-faced this is the one for you. I had to miss it this past sept,
but had almost as much fun watching it return and unload. Have FUN
Old January 3rd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: AMEN AMEN

Thank you for the input.

This will be our third visit to St. Thomas. The first time we went to Magen's Bay via taxi and enjoyed the beach. The second time our group took the Wild Thing -- a very fun and lively trip. The pum runch.....er, rum punch was certainly not watered down and this included a stop at Magen's Bay. We saw the Kon-Tiki returning to the harbor and many passengers never made it to dinner that night because they had had too good of a time! Also, Some cruise reviews had favorable comments about the KT. I'm glad to hear some opposite views. Thanks again.

Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:41 PM
Captain

Default Kon-Tiki Party Boat

We have been to St Thomas only twice. The first time, we did it all.
We did the Kon-Tiki, Magens Bay, and Koki Beach. We spent the whole day partying.
That was in the mid 80's, 30 days after "Hugo" went through.
I remember they were using a fork lift and pallets to remove passengers from
the Kon-Tiki. They could not walk up the stairs off the boat, and there were too
many of them to carry off one-by-one. Some of the people did not remember being
in St Thomas, much less on a party boat. NO watered down rum on that boat.
Old January 4th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Kon-Tiki Party Raft

When we went a couple of years ago, we had a blast....Can't remember if the punch was watered down or not, but they were pouring extra shots of rum in the drinks if you asked....The punch is already made and in water coolers. You served yourself, but there was always someone there to tend the bar if you wanted something else (pop,water, whatever else) and they also had extra bottles of rum behind the bar. All you had to do was ask for them to "top it off". Again, this was 2 years ago.

Happy Cruising!!!

Brian

Post Edited (01-04-03 01:52)
Old January 4th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Kon-Tiki Party Raft

Have done the Kon_Tiki Raft a few times, and never was the punch watered down...I was one who didnt remember getting off the thing the last time...with the right group of people its lots of fun....however Id choose another tour next time..Megans Bay is beautiful, much nicer than what the Kon goes to!
Old January 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
bblaine

Default Re: Re: Re: Kon-Tiki Party Raft

I was on the Kon-Tiki May-02 and I had a great time. If you want more rum they are more than happy to add more to your drink. After all rum is cheaper than milk in the Virgin Islands.