CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   over the door shoe rack?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/192388-over-door-shoe-rack.html)

mkend2000 September 18th, 2003 04:14 PM

over the door shoe rack??

Hi, Does anyone know where to buy one of the callapableover the door shoe racks to take on the cruise?? Thanks!!

MichelleM September 18th, 2003 05:18 PM

Re: over the door shoe rack??

Walmart has them in the same area they have laundry baskets or detergent depending on how your store is laid out.

mkend2000 September 18th, 2003 05:35 PM

Re: Re: over the door shoe rack??

Thanks so much!

Kellie September 18th, 2003 06:08 PM

I got mine for $1.00 at the dollar store.

Jim Bragg September 18th, 2003 09:04 PM

My wife got hers at Wal-Mart. Stick all kinds of things in them. She has one that was made for shoes and one that has pockets that we put lots of other junk in.
Jim

Andee September 18th, 2003 10:14 PM

I bought one at Dollar Tree, took it on a cruise, didn't find it useful at all, and just donated it to Purple Heart when they collected the rest of our junk.

cruzbunny September 18th, 2003 11:30 PM

Conquest had two large drawers under the sofa, perfect for shoes.

otisp September 19th, 2003 12:46 AM

Ah.... But over-the-door shoe racks aren't just for shoes anymore!

My wife poo-pooed the idea the first time I suggested we take one cruising, but gave in and has taken it everywhere (even hotels). They are great for sticking all sorts of stuff from cameras, flashlights, and water bottles to deoderant and shaving cream -- anything that you either do want to have next to the door or don't want stacking up on the counters (especially in those small cruise ship bathrooms).

Parrot Mom September 20th, 2003 09:59 AM

What your looking for is a "shoe bag"...lol...it is the best hint I've received and given.."otsip" has it right..sun lotions, set of small silveware, toiletries in zip lock bags, sandals, first aid supplies, wooden clothes pins, shampoos, conditioners (I bring my own)..upon getting home I check what needs to be replenished...roll it up with two large elastics and put in our "necessities" bag.. One of the main reasons I use mine is that it makes finding items easier and easier for the cabin steward to do your cabin, we hang ours over the bathroor door, outside. What I haven't added and must is duct tape and a magic marker for marking off the daily schedule of things you want do do....BTW the bag isn't just for cruising...lol

mkend2000 September 21st, 2003 08:13 PM

Hi, This weekend I went out and I bought one at dollar tree for 1- dollar then I found a nicer one at Big Lots for $3.99 so I'm all set!! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!