Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:22 AM
BremarNov2

Default alarm clocks/ 48hr.check flights

two questions tonight....are there clocks in the rooms? Are there wake up calls? is that an extra charge?
Also i noticed in the docs that 48 hours prior to our flights we are to call and confirm the times with the airline carrier...for departures to....how are we to do that while on the ship? I understand it is 9.75 for one minute from ship to land phone calls..what you out there done? And if I don't do it is that important.? I mean what can I really do about it? Brenda<><
Old October 23rd, 2003, 02:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97
Default Re: alarm clocks/ 48hr.check flights

There is no clock in the room, but you can use the wake up call from the phone. There is no charge for wake up call. If you have a newer cell phone, it should have an alarm also. I am assuming that you book your air through Carnival. I think they mean for you to confirm the departure flight to the cruise port city, not the return leg.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:18 AM
first timers

Default Re: Re: alarm clocks/ 48hr.check flights

you mentioned the cell phone having an alarm clock..I have wondered whether the alarm will still work if we are not getting cell service on the boat. I have Sprint PCS..does anyone know if these functions still work while at sea...ie: alarm clock, internet access etc...
Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97

The alarm function on the cell phone will work because it is not dependent on a cell connection. Internet acess, voice call, voice mail, instant messages, and any function that is dependent on a cell connection will not work because there are no cellular stations nearby. With Sprint I believe you can get service in Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and St John. Hope this helps.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Admiral

No clocks in cabins. I bring a travel alarm clock as I might fall take a nap too. Wake up calls sometimes don't work also. Check on your flights before you leave home.
Bon Voyage
Old October 23rd, 2003, 05:07 PM
MichelleM

We also bring a small travel alarm clock along. We have a little digital one that we got at Walmart for under $10.

You can always check the flight status online on the ship. They all have internet cafes onboard. I have never called for the 48 hr confirmation and never had a problem. I keep an eye on the flight times until we actually leave home. They seem to get set for good about 2 weeks before departure.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 11:09 PM
BremarNov2

Thanks for your replies. i will learn to program the alarm clock just in case...it is one of those annoying musical ones.lol I thought it would be fine just to check on flights before we leave. Thanks