Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Passenger

Default Cab fare from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

We are arriving a day early before our cruise and I'm unsure what avenue to take regarding transportation to the Port of Miami. How much is cab fare from Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Does anyone know the best way of transportation to the Port?

Richard
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2004, 03:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cab fare from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

I am doing the same thing, I have read that it is about 40-50 dollars for a taxi. That is what I have found online!

Michele

Fascination
Old January 18th, 2004, 04:09 PM
First Mate

When I fly into FLL I take the shared ride shuttle. It is only $12 per person, it's fun. It might take a little longer, they drop off at all the hotels in South Beach first, Miami is last. I think it took us about an hour, but we got a free tour of South Beach.

Judy

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old January 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
jeane

Default Re: Re: Cab fare from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

That's what we are going to do, they said you catch the shuttle downstairs??? If you could give me more accurate information on the shuttles that would be much appreciated.

Jeane
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Cab fare from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

We did this in Nov (flew into FLL for a cuise from MIA). In the baggage claim area you will find all your options, shared shuttle, taxi, or what we did was a town car with driver. I think the taxi price was $60 from FLL-MIA. I went up to the ground transportation info desk and asked about other options. The car and driver was only $10 more so we went for it. The driver was very nice and even stopped at a grocery/liquor store for us to pick up a few last-minute' items for the cruise.
Good luck....Mark
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM
First Mate

After you pick up your luggage, go outside and to the right, there is a small kiosk for taxi's and shuttles. The man there will ask which you would like. Just tell him you want the shared van. Just tell the driver what hotel you want and he will deliver you there.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Passenger

I've done some investigating on the transportation to Port of Miami from either airport. Avis car rental is the only company that has a drop off at the Port. I've checked and you have to make your reservation by phone and tell them you want to pick-up at the airport (Ft. Laud or MIA) and drop off at the Port of Miami (MIO) and they will set it up. You can reserve all types of vehicles, if you have a coupon for an upgrade you can use it. I upgraded from a compact to an itermediate for less than $40.00.

Post Edited (01-18-04 19:34)