Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Jaunitta

Default Carnival Drop In Prices??

We leave in 12 days on Inspiration and was wondering about possible price reduction. We booked through a TA and was wondering if Carnival has a drop in prices, how would we know? Is it our TA's responsibility and if not how do I go about getting a ship credit. Also does Carnival automatically check what we had paid and give you a ship credit? Just checking as I have seen some price reductions recently and wondered if our cruise would drop also. First time cruisin' and had some last minute questions. Thanks for anyones help..J
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Jaunitta

Default Re: Carnival Drop In Prices??

just bumping up hoping for some responses...thanks
Old January 27th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Check the CCL website and see if the prices have been reduced. Then talk to your TA. CCL does not do this automatically and many TA's also do not check and of those that do, it sometimes slips past them.
Jim

Old January 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
First Mate

You really should keep checking the ccl web site we are going on feb 8 on the inspiration and just checked our price it has gone down and we will get a on board credit of $60.00 enough for my husbands beer for the day....... lol have a blast
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Passenger

I just recieved a e-mail from Carnival today and it states that they are having a cruise sale starting on Monday. You can call them direct at 1-800-819-3902. I'm in contact with a cruise consultant by the name of Juliet Bright and her ext. is 82347. She is wonderful to work with and she's very pleasent. We booked our cruise with a TA also for the week of April 11th on the Carnival Victory and any break we recieved thus far we had to check it out for our selves. If the rate for your cruise did go down contact your TA and let them know. Next time we cruise I will use Carnivals cruise consultant Juliet Bright only!
Hope this helps, have a gret cruise!

Norweigan sea 00
Norweigan Norway 03

Old January 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Jaunitta

Default Re: Re: Carnival Drop In Prices??

I LOVE THIS SITE....Everyone is so informative I will be checking with Carnival on Monday.....we are also going on the Inspiration on Feb 8th. Was beginning to wonder if my mom, myself and my sister were going to be the only ones. I thought there was a possiblity of price reduction and hoping to get some sort of credit on board. Hope so and will be following up with our TA too. Thanks a bunch. J
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

I spoke with Carnival yesterday about the e-mail I received about the cruise sale. My rep. at Carnival told me that the sale prices were good for this week only - that they would probably be going up next week. I was pricing a cruise for February 2005 on the Miracle. They had a special going for an ocean view with automatic upgrade to balcony 8C or higher for $690 + port charges and tax for a total of $880 per person. However, I read on this site an advertisement for this same cruise for a balcony with for $809 which includes port charges and taxes + you receive a $75 on-board credit per room. I am waiting to hear back from that TA to see which is the better deal.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration