Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Beginner

Default getting to Universal Studios from miracle

We are going to be in Port Canaveral for the day and want to go to Universal Studios. I know Carnival provides transportation, but I can't seem to get a price! I have been looking into either renting a car, or booking a van to pick us up. Any suggestions? Anyone have an idea of what Carnival charges...at one time it was posted that they charge $50 per person for the transfer (round trip)???
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Jacqui

Default Re: getting to Universal Studios from miracle

We'll be on the Miracle at the end of the month as well, and we were told to call up Carnival, and they would fax us the info for the excursions in Port Canaveral (haven't done it yet)
Good luck!
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We did Universal Studios two years ago before our cruise and had a great time. We're a large family (2 adults and 4 kids) and we found it was cheaper to hire private transportation. We used Legacy Limo. We went down two days before the cruise and stayed at Sierra Suites. When booked on line with a two night stay they gave us two free tickets to Universal. They also had a bus service that provided free transportation to area attractions. I definitely recommend doing Universal before the cruise rather than after. You don't want to come back from a nice relaxing vacation to the craziness of Universal. Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to email me. Just put Universal Studios in the subject so I don't delete it.

Darcy
Old June 10th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: getting to Universal Studios from miracle

We did get an excusion list from Carnival, but the prices are Not listed. They won't give out a price list! We are actually leaving New York, and Port Canaveral is one of our stops. We will be there in the early morning and departing at 8 pm. We have been to Universal before, and enjoyed it. We are looking for transportation to/from the ship to Universal. I did hear that Carnival charges a high transfer fee, thats why I was wondering if anyone knew the exact price, or should we just book the transportation on our own?

Old June 10th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

When are you sailing Tammy, and on what ship? We'll be on the Miracle on 6/26/ (Sorry I can't answer your original question though...we are meeting friends in PC and won't be taking an excursion....I was just looking for someone (in addition to Jacqui) who will be sailing with us.
Old June 10th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Call Carnival and ask them for the prices, they'll give them to you. The shore excursions to any of the parks includes the transportation to the parks as well. These prices just came out yesterday.
The transfer fee of $50 that you're talking about is the airport transfer if you're flying into Port Canaveral to take the Fantasy or Glory, not the park transfers.
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: getting to Universal Studios from miracle

I have called Carnival several times, and they would not give me the prices. They informed me that when I get on the ship...I will get a list of the prices and that they do not give the prices out until then! I did manage to get a list of the excursion prices for Nassau and Freeport from a previous passanger. It was on this board that I found the $50 fee for the transfer from Port Canaveral to Universal. That sounded expensive to me, so I have been checking around about booking our own transportation. There will be 8 of us, and I am considering hiring a van or limo (its appears to be much cheaper).

Old June 12th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Call my pvp her name is Janis and her number is 1 800 819 3902 ext 82333 and she'll give you the prices for sure.