Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Beginner

Default kids dress code

can kids 4 and 8 wear shorts to dinner carnival says no but where going on the miracle in 2 weeks and wanna know if its ok for my 4 year old to wear a nice pair of shorts and a nice shirt
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97
Default Re: kids dress code

You don't believe what Carnival said? And you are going on one of their ships?
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM
First Mate

I would bring a couple of nice pairs of pants, or perhaps think about feeding the kids in the buffet earlier. Remember that you can have the kids change out of the nice pants right after dinner.
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

i'd opt for nice pants & a collared shirt, although i don't know if anyone would really care. our 10 year old did fine last summer and just changed clothes afterward - no problem.
Old July 13th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've not seen any indication that the dress code for kids was any different than that for adults. But maybe I'm just missing something...
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Passenger

my 3 and 5 year olds wore nice linen shorts that they wore for Easter. They looked very nice and recieved several compliments. On formal nite they wore pants.
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:57 PM
stuff&things

Follow the dress code regardless of age. If cost is a factor, shop consignment stores or Goodwill or something. I shopped consignment and Goodwill both for my 17 yr. old to find him a suit. The way they grow, it makes no sense to pay full price. Little people's clothes do not take up much room so that isn't the issue.

Old July 14th, 2004, 09:39 AM
First Mate

My son , age 11 mostly wore docker type pants and a collared shirt to dinner. Howerer, my friend said her son wore shorts sometimes with no problem. Remember it can be uncomfortably cool in the dining room. I think any pair of tan or black or white pants would do. Don't make yourself crazy. Do what you think is best. I don't have time in my life to worry about what a stranger's child wears to dinner. Relax and have a great vacation.
Old July 14th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Passenger

We just got back from a cruise July 5th -- in the dining room even on formal night the man sitting at the table beside us had on blue jeans. Most of the children that I saw did have on pants -- but one night several teenagers had on blue jeans unbuttoned shirts with a t-shirt under it -sunglasses and a hat
Old July 14th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mm3sides1972

Don't listen to what everyone else is saying...They are not gonna stop you from eating if you are not following "dress code". Sure, adults who wear jeans will look out of place, but as far as kids go, let them wear whatever you feel will be best. Don't go crazy bringing so many different clothes for them to change in...shorts will do just fine. On my cruise (also Miracle 6/12) people were wearing all kinds of stuff...some jeans and some tuxedos. They didnt stop anyone.
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
love 2 cruise

On about 5 of my 11 cruises, I have seen familes turned away when the boys, ages 3 and above, were wearing shorts to the dining room. When cruising with my 3 sons, one pair of black dockers would work for the dinner hour, then have them change afterwards. Besides, it teaches them to respect rules. If you are going to the supper clubs, they "require" a coat for the men and I'm sure they would for male children of any age also. The girls will be ok in capris on non-formal nights. As for the jeans on formal nights, I have seen that too on gentlemen from states like Texas, but they were dressy black and looked sharp with their stetsons.
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Jim_S

test

Carnival Triumph 8/21