CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Over the door shoe organizer?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/202662-over-door-shoe-organizer.html)

BoosterMom March 14th, 2005 01:57 PM

Over the door shoe organizer??

I'm curious........some people have said that they found one of these over the door shoe organizers to be indispensable. Just what all do you put in yours?? Do I need one for the teenagers rooms too?

MaryLou March 14th, 2005 02:06 PM

Re: Over the door shoe organizer??

We took one on our last cruise in October and did indeed find it very helpful. We put our shoes in it, excursion tickets, curling irons, vitamin bottles, brushes, headbands, etc.

CA Cruiser March 14th, 2005 02:09 PM

We bought one at WalMart for 50 cents!!! I have taken it on the last 3 cruises, it takes up no space in the suitcase but have never used it. There are only 2 of us traveling now and we had plenty of storage space. A room with teenagers might find it more useful. Each teen can have a designated row of their own things. It can hold all the toiletries, shoes, socks, anything you want.

BoosterMom March 14th, 2005 02:18 PM

We actually have one that was a graduation present for my youngest last year and it's just that cheap clear plastic stuff with little over the door hangers. I have these unrealistically tall cans of hair products and I thought.............these would never fit in that medicine cabinet, but if everyone else was putting shoes in theirs I'd be giving my room steward quite a shock!!! LOL

CherieB March 14th, 2005 10:32 PM

It will shock your room steward more if the teenagers actually put anything in it instead of throwing it on the floor lol

Jim Bragg March 14th, 2005 11:22 PM

We have used one for many years now on a number of cruises and have found them to be great to hold all those little things that pile up on the dresser and get lost etc. Meds and little bobbles are great to stick in there as the pockets are clear plastic so we can see what is in them.
Jim

Jackie Robinson March 30th, 2005 10:43 AM

Used one ond our last cruise on the Carnival Glory....greatest invention of the 21st century. We used it for holding toiletries (keeps them neat and in one place), medications and numerous other little items that tend to get misplaced, lost, etc. Never did use it for shoes, though; kept those in the closet.

Carnival Glory, March 2005
Carnival Triumph, December 2003

su-z-q March 30th, 2005 05:55 PM

Question....Where do you hang it? You can't use the bathroom door, It won't close when you're showering. Do you hang it in the closet? We've never been on a cruise before and don't know what to expect in our room. Leaving April10th. Can't wait.

Thomas March 30th, 2005 06:33 PM

I've used one on the last two cruises and I won't cruise without one anymore. You hang it over the closet door with the pockets outside of the closet. You want to know what we put in ours?

Extra batteries for the walkman
Walkman/CD player
CD's/ Tapes
Water shoes
Sandals
Snorkel and mask
Ball caps
Medicines
Walkie-Talkies
Room keys
Cigar pack
Battery charger for the video camera
Sunglasses
Suntan lotion
Headphones
Paperback books

Imagine all this stuff piling up on the vanity top or beds. It's a great thing to have one of these to keep the room clutter free and always know where that "damn" thing is!

Regards,
Thomas

Dorothy March 30th, 2005 07:08 PM

I'm getting one for our next cruise. I actually bought one for our last cruise, but didn't pack it and took it back to the store when we returned. I didn't think I would need one, but after cruising with my dh, who takes ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING he thinks he *might* need, I realized it would have made for a much neater room.

dorothy

su-z-q March 30th, 2005 09:33 PM

Re: Re: Over the door shoe organizer??

Thomas:

Love your list. I'm sold. I'm going to Wal Mart tomorrow to pick one up. We have a very long list of things to bring and I know it'll come in handy. Thanks for your help.