Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Passenger

Default Triumph - Double Rooms w/ Sofa Beds?

We are sailing on the Carnival Triumph and have Category 6A rooms on the Riviera Deck. We were told by half of the Carnival Reps that all of those types of rooms are the same (2 twins with a convertible sofa) even though some are listed as doubles and others listed as triples.

Can anyone confirm that even the rooms that are doubles have a convertible sofa?

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Triumph - Double Rooms w/ Sofa Beds?

What they mean is that all of the rooms come with two single beds that they can push together and make into a double bed. When they talk about triples and quads it means that there are beds that fold down from the overhead or bulkheads and are put back up during the day to be out of the way.
Jim

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Triumph - Double Rooms w/ Sofa Beds?

We were told that our triple does not have a fold out bed, but a convertible sofa bed. We asked this specifically because I don't think my Grandmother could climb up into a bed.

The conflicting info that we have is that some of the carnival reps say that all of those rooms have a convertible sofa bed and others say that only rooms labeled a triple have it. The reps that said the rooms were the same also told us that they label some doubles (rather then say they are all triples) so that they don't overbook the ship (due to coast guard standards etc.)

It sounds like one of those things I'll have to check out when I'm there.

~ Val ~

PS...The reason I am asking is because we have 4 rooms...2 doubles, and then 1 double connecting to 1 triple. My grandmother is officially listed in the triple connecting room, but really wants to stay with my parents in one of the rooms labeled a double.