Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Beginner

Default Has Anyone Sailed Since New Travel Regulations????

Hi there.... just wondering if anyone has returned from a cruise since last weeks events? If so, did you have any problems getting off the ship? My parents just ran into someone who returned from a RCL cruise at Port Canaveral yesterday. The person told them it took them nearly 5-6 hours to get off the ship and they made her throw away her perfume, liquor and mouthwash..... this person was driving home from the port so she didn't have any flight to deal with.

I'm sailing out of Tampa in 3 weeks on Carnival so I'm curious. I've checked the Carnival website and it just says:

"Guests will not be prohibited from bringing liquid-based items, such as shampoo, gels, lotions, etc. onboard our ships. However, per normal procedures, all guests and luggage, both checked and carry-on, are 100 percent security screened prior to boarding the ship. We do not anticipate the need to make any changes to the scheduled departure times for our cruises."

Just wondering if anyone has returned since the latest terrorist threat and what experiences they have had. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Hi mandy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy
My parents just ran into someone who returned from a RCL cruise at Port Canaveral yesterday. The person told them it took them nearly 5-6 hours to get off the ship and they made her throw away her perfume, liquor and mouthwash..... this person was driving home from the port so she didn't have any flight to deal with.
I think the "person" who told your parents this was "pulling their leg"! There's absolutely no reason the cruise line would make anyone throw away anything to get off the ship! This would only happen at the airport.

I'd go with what the Carnival website says.

Have a great cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Thanks.... I agree.... it doesn't sound right to me but I figure it couldn't hurt to see if anyone else had an experience like this. It just doesn't make sense to throw it away getting off the ship. I understand if it happens at the airport and the items are in your carryon, but if you're DRIVING home.... I just don't get the logic in that one. Like I said though, just figured I would put it out there to see what, if anything, others had to say. I sure would hate to buy things on board or in ports just to have them thrown away getting off the ship! Thanks for your response.... much appreciated...