Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default coki beach or saphire beach st thomas which has what i want?

We would like to be able to get a cab and go shopping after beach, so which beach is closer.
We would like to have umbrellas, shade, chairs, food, drinks, both alcohol and coke.
Jet ski or some kind of beach toys like that.
Which beach has all of this?
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Passenger

doesn't anybody know the answer to my question???
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Passenger

We got a cab to Sapphire Beach (abour $12pp each way). They had lounge chairs, shade, bathrooms, bar and grill. Our cab driver came back at a set time to pick us up. The beach was one of the most beautiful we have seen. We will go back on our next cruise.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Cruisinsusan said the same thing I would. I loved Sapphire Beach, but haven't been to Coki, so I can't compare. We had time at the beach and then went into town shopping.

We went to the beach first thing, and there was no one there! It was incredible. Can't wait to go back!

Did you post your question on the Destinations - Caribbean board? Maybe someone can give you more information about Coki and you can compare.

I was looking at the following website, and it said that natural shade is limited at Coki Point and there was nice shade availabe at Sapphire. Hope this helps!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=1
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Admiral

We have been to Coki Beach and it is more of a small "lagoon" feeling than a wide open beach.

Most people go there to snorkel. If you want something other than snorkeling, I would try another beach.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Passenger

thanks to you both for your answer. I did post on Destinations first, but no answers there. I was afraid the alcohol question would scare people off. We're not alcoholics, however we have a few college (over 21) with us who want this and some of the ladies have to have a cutsie drink with umbrella thing to make their day complete at the beach. This makes it difficult. Also I did read a post where somebody said the bar at Saphire beach was closed down. I realize we can't make everyone happy, however I would like to try and I can only give what information I can get.

Surely somebody in this great cruisemates has been to coki beach lately or saphire beach lately and can answer the bar question. Come on folks.
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Was in St. Thomas last year and visited Coki Beach.

There were 11 of us. Great snorkeling. Had jet skiing but was across the road and by mid visit the line was longer than we had wanted.

Did do a cab ride over from the port, $9 pps each way. We did make arrangements with the driver to return at a specific time. She was there on the dot.

Food and drinks were good. Rented chairs and umbrella from Mike. Mike took care of making sure the wait staff was our way to take care of us. The beer was cold, food good and even the unidentified drink at the end of our visit was good.

Shopping was good right at the port. Most of the shops have the same stuff but did find some different types of items.

Either way you will have a great time.

St. Thomas is awesome.

Safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Passenger

we chose saphire beach not as crowded as coki beach, saphire beach much quieter beach and coki felt like alitte lagoon. saphire beach had nice outside resturant and seaparte dressing area that were very clean. hope you enjoy your cruise
Carnival Conquest - 8/2004
Carnival Holiday - 8/2003
Carnival Holiday - 8/2002
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~