Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jdfireman Send a message via Yahoo to jdfireman
Default ALL DRINKS INCLUDED Need Help on this

Hello I was talking to a group on another board and they are telling me Carnival is giving them a all inclusive booze deal. It is costing them $42.00 per day per person. There group is 30 people. Has anyone heard of this . Please let me know I must be missing something. I guess Plantium member means nothing if you are not in a group
thnaks
JD NJ
11/04/2006 Fantasy
8/06/2006 Sensation Again
6/16/2006 Carnival Valor
12/15/2005 Inspration
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
First Mate

I have seen it posted elsewhere (groups), but $42 pppd is a hefty number. Would you expect to do that much drinking?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
First Mate

Yes, they do have an all-inclusive deal for groups only. Everyone in the group has to pay, or they won't do it. A group is 8 cabins booked.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jdfireman Send a message via Yahoo to jdfireman
Default Yes

The more I am looking into it now it is true, and as for $42.00 per day that is not to hard 4 fruity drinks about $28.00 and than 4 drinks at night $22.00 Brings you over $42.00 I would do it.

Ok who wantes to do a group drinking cruise

JD
11/04/2006 Fantasy
8/06/2006 Sensation Again
6/16/2006 Carnival Valor
12/15/2005 Inspration
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfireman
Your not the first to think of it We saw a group with shirts on that said Booze Cruise. I laughed so hard!! Carla
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Passenger

If its all inclusive does that mean sodas as well??
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Passenger

I suppose you could order a "virgin" rum & coke.
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yep my TA priced it out at $200 pp for a 5 day cruise of 30 ppl or more. And yes everyone has to get it. So if one says no then no one gets it.

I am seeing if we can gather up the people first then we will all discuss it, since we are all drinkers.

Danielle
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Wow, I had not heard of this before.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Thats a good deal if you drink alot on a cruise.
It is easy to run up a large tab.
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
First Mate

It is a good deal IMHO. As I figured it, the first big drink is $7.15, refills are about $6.84. That would be 6 drinks and I could drink a lot more than 6 drinks in an entire day and evening.

I love Bloody Mary's for breakfast and one doesn't do it for me. I need at least 3 of them.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, If I were an eligible group, I would gladly sell Memberships into my group-for a nominal service charge, of course, There are administrative fees to be considered

$50 sounds reasonable to me ,

T
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:51 AM
Yeoman

I shouldn´t recommend it for anyone, who doesn´t drink too much when it´s "free" (or prepaid)? But it´s very cheap, only a bottle of wine at dinner is more than half the cost!
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Drinks have to be under $6 or $7 on this group alcohol card. I can't remember which, but as I recall, it won't cover the drink in a souvenir glass, but it will cover the refill.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ALL DRINKS INCLUDED Need Help on this

Quote:
Hello I was talking to a group on another board and they are telling me Carnival is giving them a all inclusive booze deal. It is costing them $42.00 per day per person. There group is 30 people. Has anyone heard of this . Please let me know I must be missing something. I guess Plantium member means nothing if you are not in a group
thnaks
JD NJ
I did this on a group cruise last Feb. on the Miracle and it worked well for all of us. This card doesn't give you free reign to buy anything you want. Some people in our group that were not paying attention during the previous meetings weeks before the cruise found out the hard way. you are limited to one purchase at a time (No buckets of beer, bottles of wine, or any multilpe type drink order) NO MINI BAR! That is what some found out about the hard way!!! the purchase price had to be $6.95 or under so the total price with tip was under $7.95. The tip is automatic on each purchase. You are given a separate card to use for these purchases called an "Open Bar Card"

There were a lot of things that fit into this range including drink specials as long as they were a refill or in a regular glass. glasses of house wine, even some call brand liquor. (especially if you are taking care of your bar staff )

With a few morning bloody mary or screwdriver specials, a foo- foo here and there, a glass of wine or two before or during dinner, then out to a club, you would be suprized how fast the 42 per day gets spent. Some days I spent way over that, some I didn't I kept all of my drink slips that showed what the drink cost before the discount. I added these up after the cruise and my tab would have been well over $300.

Now granted this group was sponsered by a local bar (kinda rowdy one too) in town and we all hung out together most of the cruise and put down a lot, due to the fact we could!! . If I went on a cruise with just myself and Girlfriend, I doubt I would have drank as much.

Some people had over $200 rang up by the first night!!! OUCH!!

As I said in the beginning it worked well for us. You would need to weigh all this in with your group to see if it is best for all. If so..........Knock em dead!!!!

CHEERS
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the tips. What doesnt it include? I know you said the drink of the day in the suviner glass, if I want the glass or if I want something over $7.00 will I just be charged the differance not the full price of the drink and all right? Is there anything over $7.00 per glass on the ship? Would this card basically cover the majority of the drinks such as mixed drinks and beer?

Thanks again,

Danielle
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBXX
Thanks for the tips. What doesnt it include? I know you said the drink of the day in the suviner glass, if I want the glass or if I want something over $7.00 will I just be charged the differance not the full price of the drink and all right? Is there anything over $7.00 per glass on the ship? Would this card basically cover the majority of the drinks such as mixed drinks and beer?

Thanks again,

Danielle
Almost all mixed drinks, and beer fall into the price range. You can't make up the difference of the price if the drink price is higher than the limit. One day they had the drink specials in a coconut shaped like a monkey. My girlfriend wanted one, and asked if she could pay the difference on her S&S card. They couldn't do it, so she paid full price, then had it refilled free the rest of the day with her bar card.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well I dont think that was fair to her at all, afterall she paid so much for that card. I guess they always find a we to get you, lol...

One more question. Do they tell you when the drink you are ordering is over the limit amount for the open bar card? Or do you just get the drink and the sneak the charge on your S&S card?

Danielle
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

O an yet here is another question for you, lol.. How much is the drink of the day with the keep cup? Gee since it wasnt covered on her open bar card it must have been over $7.00, I thought the drink of the day was supposed to be the DEAL of the day not the STEAL of the day, lol...

Danielle
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
O an yet here is another question for you, lol.. How much is the drink of the day with the keep cup? Gee since it wasnt covered on her open bar card it must have been over $7.00, I thought the drink of the day was supposed to be the DEAL of the day not the STEAL of the day, lol...

Danielle
The thing with the drink of the day is the keepsake glass it comes in. When you buy the drink in that glass, or the coconut Monkey the price was close to $10 if I remember correctly. (you are paying extra for the glass, not the booze in it. you can refill it all day long for free with the card though) They will tell you right up front if what you are ordering exceeds the limit. They can't add it to the SS account. they are two separate cards, and accounts.

Now they have Morning drink specials, usually one day it is a Bloody Mary, the next a screwdriver, Mimosa, etc...These are at a reduced price from till I think 11:00, then go to the normal price. Had a few of these!!!
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK I got ya. So the drink of the day is really the most expensive with the cup to keep? Other than that the rest of the drinks should be pretty much covered? That is good they tell you up front if it exceeds your limit. That way you know you are being charged there is no hiding, lol..

Danielle
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602
Quote:

Danielle
The thing with the drink of the day is the keepsake glass it comes in. When you buy the drink in that glass, or the coconut Monkey the price was close to $10 if I remember correctly. (you are paying extra for the glass, not the booze in it. you can refill it all day long for free with the card though) They will tell you right up front if what you are ordering exceeds the limit. They can't add it to the SS account. they are two separate cards, and accounts.

Now they have Morning drink specials, usually one day it is a Bloody Mary, the next a screwdriver, Mimosa, etc...These are at a reduced price from till I think 11:00, then go to the normal price. Had a few of these!!!
Keep in mind, you can order the drink of the day in a normal glass and not pay the extra for the glass.
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yea but it is most likely so cute I wont be able to resist, lol... Are there any other drinks that are priced that high besides that b/c of the glass? Anything else over $7 that wont be covered? I need to make sure before I sell my group on it so they wont be upset with me if there are tons of stuff they cant have.

Thanks,

Danielle
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602
Quote:

Danielle

Keep in mind, you can order the drink of the day in a normal glass and not pay the extra for the glass.
Yep lou I ordered all mine that way, untill the GF had to have that coconut
monkey!!
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:09 PM
Familiar Face

There are drinks which cost more than $7.00. Grey Goose and Tonic was about $10.00 if I remember correctly.
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:
Your not the first to think of it We saw a group with shirts on that said Booze Cruise. I laughed so hard!! Carla
Heck every cruise I go on I see those booze cruise people even though they don't always have the tshirts on! 8) 8)
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraway
There are drinks which cost more than $7.00. Grey Goose and Tonic was about $10.00 if I remember correctly.
Yep you are right. As I mentioned before premuim liquors do go over the limit. It is amazing though how far an occasional 10 spot dropped from the group can make a bartender grab the wrong bottle, and do things they "normally" don't.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

OK, so what you are saying is if we see people from our group are getting the over the limit drinks, or wanting them we need to TIP our bartender a bit here and there and see if it makes a differance? Or should we tip then ask if we could get that certain drink with our open bar card?

Danielle
Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
OK, so what you are saying is if we see people from our group are getting the over the limit drinks, or wanting them we need to TIP our bartender a bit here and there and see if it makes a differance? Or should we tip then ask if we could get that certain drink with our open bar card?

Danielle
Never ask. I would never go and ask for Grey Goose knowing it cost more than the limit and expect a BT to pour it just because I had tipped him before. Now I may ask for a vodka rocks and the BT may ask "Is Grey Goose OK?) I say "Of course" he/she will get taken care of later. That is how its played.

My whole group as I said earlier came from a bar. Many are bartenders, or have worked as one. I have, and also managed a bar, and restaurant. When we are getting great service, or work with a particular BT for a good part of the day we tend to "take care" of them pretty well. They also take care of us pretty well also