CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Anyone have a sign & sail billing dispute? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335479)

jayarby June 28th, 2007 09:54 PM

Anyone have a sign & sail billing dispute?

I was overcharged $98.00 by Carnival for an excursion that I never ordered. I didn't notice it on my S&S statement until I got home. I called in to dispute it and they said they'd investigate it and get back to me. That was over a month ago. Has anyone been in this situation and how long did it take to get resolved. Thanks for you input.

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2007 10:28 PM

You just learned a big lesson. Always check your sign and sail, before you get off the ship. As for what you can do now. Stay after them. Call, call, call.

Good Luck

Ron June 28th, 2007 10:38 PM

You can easily check your sail/sign card charges from the t.v. in your cabin. If you do this daily and if there is a question, it's much easier to get it cleared up then and there rather after you get home.
It only takes a few minutes to check and a $ 98. mistake would surely be easy to spot.

subtropic June 28th, 2007 10:51 PM

Once you disembark and are home and find a discrepancy, it is much harder to straighten everything out on your charges. Like you were advised, keep after them about the overcharge.

adias.angel June 29th, 2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron
You can easily check your sail/sign card charges from the t.v. in your cabin. If you do this daily and if there is a question, it's much easier to get it cleared up then and there rather after you get home.
It only takes a few minutes to check and a $ 98. mistake would surely be easy to spot.

Not all the ships have this feature. We were on the Inspiration and it was not on our TV. We got a final bill and that was it. Carla ;)

IBCRUZIN' June 29th, 2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron

Not all the ships have this feature. We were on the Inspiration and it was not on our TV. We got a final bill and that was it. Carla ;)

Carnival billing is notoriously slow. I suggest you dispute it with your credit card company. That way if Carnival drags their feet and then doesn't correct it, you have protected your rights with your CC.

In my experience, Carnival's Guest Relations is no where near the standard of Carnival's customer service onboard. Once you are off the ship, they could care less whether you have a problem or not.

For all the phone calls you are going to have to make and all the time you spend on hold messing around with Carnival, just dispute it with your charge card company and make Carnival product the signed receipt to your credit card company. That usually gets companies' attention.

jackiesbooks June 29th, 2007 01:47 PM

Dispute it with your credit card company!

Phil&Liz June 29th, 2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron

As I recall there is a preliminary bill placed in your cabin the day before.
If we're sober enough when it arrives we give it a good going over.

Phil & Liz

Purple_2005 June 29th, 2007 05:13 PM

I did have a dispute after I got off the ship. I checked my bill before I got off the ship but the charge wasn't on there yet. They added a charge after I left but I'm will picky mine was only for $9 and they took care of it in less than a month. I just called the created a case number, credited my card in about 2 weeks, and mailed me a letter about it. I couldn't view my bill on the TV monitor either. I agree with what someone else said not all ships have that feature.

TeeGee June 29th, 2007 07:12 PM

sailing on the legend next year and was just wondering if you can view your bill on the tv on this ship. i could on triumph and liberty.

Luanne Russo June 29th, 2007 11:51 PM

I have been told that the Conquest type ships have them.

cherylroy June 30th, 2007 02:33 AM

I have made a habit of daily checking the TV, keeping my receipts. Have not have a problem - yet - however with in 3 days of my return, the bill is posted on my credit card! If not sooner than the 3 days!

Gofishgriff June 30th, 2007 09:12 AM

I believe we may have had an error in our favor this last cruise. I say "I believe" because like the responsible person I am, I didn't keep all my sign and sail receipts (go ahead, insert joke here... lol).

I think I had used my sail & sign in the slot machines on three occasions, but I only saw it charged twice on my statement.

Then again... I may have had one too many daquaris' that night and I just remembered wrong... LOL

No viewing your account on the TV aboard the Inspiration.

Donna June 30th, 2007 09:29 AM

Hi Jay,
No, never had a problem with cruising, but have for other things. If Carnival doesn't correct the error, you can always dispute it with your credit card company.

Good luck.

funcruiser212 June 30th, 2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I have been told that the Conquest type ships have them.

The Conquest had S&S on the TV.

jayarby July 11th, 2007 09:45 PM

Sign & sail problem update

I just wanted update everyone on my S&S statement dispute. I received a letter the other day from Carnival Customer Relations stating that I was being credited for the full $98.00! Although there was no explanation as to why I was charged in error or why it took so long to resolve (nearly two months), they said they would issue credit to my AE card and that's what counts. Happy ending!! :D

Donna July 11th, 2007 10:11 PM

Well, its about time. Funny how when we have to pay, its quick, but getting money's owed back, takes forever.

Glad there was a happy ending....thanks for the update.

dina July 12th, 2007 10:27 AM

I had an excursion charged on mine that I did not order or take when I saw it on the preliminary bill. Not small change... I badgered the travel desk twice a day to make sure they took it off..... It was before we left... My next cruise there wasn't a problem but I kept all of the slips I signed and made sure.

Michelle1959 July 12th, 2007 02:37 PM

thanks for making this posting... i will add this to my to do list for my trip in 2+ weeks: "Keep ALL S&S receipts and check them against statement BEFORE debarking the ship! "

Ron July 12th, 2007 11:21 PM

If I may suggest --- take a zip-lock baggie. Make sure everyone puts all their reciepts in the baggie. It's easy to keep up with and should there be a question, it's much easier to get the baggie and go through the reciepts rather than have to hunt through clothes, drawers, etc. for the reciepts.
:)

dina July 13th, 2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron
If I may suggest --- take a zip-lock baggie. Make sure everyone puts all their reciepts in the baggie. It's easy to keep up with and should there be a question, it's much easier to get the baggie and go through the reciepts rather than have to hunt through clothes, drawers, etc. for the reciepts.
:)

Yep... Thats what I did.. It worked out great... thank you for adding this. :D

wcarlton62 June 26th, 2017 02:27 PM

My final bill on ship was right they owed me $25.00 then they billed my cc $19.00 called and found out they double billed my gratuities and charged me for towels I never took has been 4 weeks now and 3 calls and still not resolved.