CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Carnival Valor (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337349)

purpledevilduck August 3rd, 2007 11:01 AM

Carnival Valor

Is anyone else on the Carnival Valor sailing from Miami on Sept 30? Any tips from thoes who have sailed from miami or sailed on the Valor? This is my first cruise. Thanks

Will August 3rd, 2007 07:42 PM

Jonathan,a Great Ship and crew!!

Are you going Eastern,or Western?

Thoth August 3rd, 2007 08:20 PM

be prepared for a wonderful time :idea: The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship.
Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.

nobuns August 3rd, 2007 09:21 PM

I will be coming off when you are getting on . So we will leave the light on for you. LOL

katenanna45 August 3rd, 2007 09:27 PM

LOL I am on the Valor for 9/30. This will be my 4th cruise on this ship. She is a great ship with an awsome crew, plus you will love the ports. You are in for a real treat on this cruise. I will be happy to answer any questions you have. katie

Will August 3rd, 2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoth
be prepared for a wonderful time :idea: The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship. Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.

Thoth you are right,I kept missing the floor,and had to take another level down...the nice lady kindly pushed the elevator for me everytime I got it wrong....we just laughed,and I headed to the elevator LOL

gkayy August 3rd, 2007 09:44 PM

The valor is a great ship! I'll be cruising on it for the second time on August 12! The night life is great, the food is better, and the pools are really nice as well. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to elaborate.

Scott C August 4th, 2007 09:17 AM

We sailed on this ship last year and to date it was the best cruise yet. Go get dive certified and dive in Roatan and Belize. It is incredible. The ship overall was clean and the staff was friendly. Be careful if you are going outside the ship to book shore excursions for Costa Maya, the ship skipped this port on our cruise due to high winds. Book Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City experience, we've used them 3 times and they're fantastic and much cheaper. Have a great time.
Scott LOL

Will August 5th, 2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott C
We sailed on this ship last year and to date it was the best cruise yet. Go get dive certified and dive in Roatan and Belize. It is incredible. The ship overall was clean and the staff was friendly. Be careful if you are going outside the ship to book shore excursions for Costa Maya, the ship skipped this port on our cruise due to high winds. Book Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City experience, we've used them 3 times and they're fantastic and much cheaper. Have a great time.
Scott LOL

Scott I thought about this,until I saw shark week yesterday LOL

Didn't know Bull Sharks are in fresh water also :shock:

purpledevilduck August 8th, 2007 04:08 PM

Thank you

Thanks for all the great encouragement. I am going on the exotic western Caribbean cruise. Is there anything on board I should make sure I do or eat at?

Thoth August 8th, 2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoth
be prepared for a wonderful time :idea: The only downer was the aft Washington Dining room was next to impossible to find, otherwise..great ship. Bring some good sunscreen though. I got baked in Grand Cayman and the ship's stores only sold the expensive stuff. I purchased some cheap stuff on shore which turned me ghostly pale.

Thoth you are right,I kept missing the floor,and had to take another level down...the nice lady kindly pushed the elevator for me everytime I got it wrong....we just laughed,and I headed to the elevator LOL

Yep, same here! The problem is it's on deck 3 but can't be accessed from that deck, unless you guess correctly on elevators. Usually I found myself on deck 5 and would go down by the sushi bar to get to the top floor of the dining room, which is deck 4, but I would need to cut through Winston's Bar. Finally I found that if I went to the disco on deck 5 and went down 2 flights of stairs then that would get me to deck 3. Of course if one was forward in the ship, they might have to use the Lincoln Dining room as an egress way. I felt for those who desired a quiet dinner in the Lincoln. What a muddle ! :-?

cutiecat August 9th, 2007 12:01 PM

The Valor is a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew (at least they were when I went). It's by far my favorite. Have a good time!

Will August 9th, 2007 08:06 PM

Re: Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpledevilduck
Thanks for all the great encouragement. I am going on the exotic western Caribbean cruise. Is there anything on board I should make sure I do or eat at?

Try the lobster....Great!!! not tough,also very good!! the sushi...the fish and chips....and the melting chocalate cake with ice cream was pretty good....the late nite chocolate buffet was very good!!!, but TOO!! Many picture takers...A Long Line!!