Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Bahamas cruise in October

I'm trying to decide how/what to pack and I'm not sure how the weather will be. I'll be leaving out of Charleston, know the weather there, but what about once aboard ship for the cruise itself? Any and all advice is welcome!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I would guess the first day, may not be pool weather, but considering you are quite south already, you should be warm by day 2, off the Floroda coast, heading for even warmer weather. Think Tropical:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 19th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

That's what I'm hoping for Trip, but as this is my first time out, I wasn't sure if I should pack more swimwear type things, sundresses, or polos and shorts. I'll have my dressy stuff for the evenings of course and I plan to take a light wrap just in case.
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I sure wish you a fabulous first cruise..I would pack just as you planned. The light sweater /sweatshirt is a smart idea..and 2 bathing suits is perfect. One to wear, while one dries....please come back and share your excitement!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Hi,
We've been on 2 late October cruises and 1 November cruise. We've always taken the same type of clothes we would take for a summer cruise. When we left our house in November 2006 it was 28 degrees. We drove to Port Canaveral. It stayed cold until we got around Georgia on I-95 then it started getting warmer. We went to the beach in New Smyrna when we got to Florida. It was warm enough to swim.
You might be a little cool on embarkation day in Columbia, but by the time you get up the next morning it will be nice and hot. The Bahamas are really nice in October. Have fun.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks so much for the wonderful info. I know that if I was doing a land vacation, it would definitely be summer wear, but wasn't quite sure about being on the water. I've read some posts where people have said it's cool on the ship too. I don't want to overpack, even though luggage won't be an issue as I'll be driving to port, but I want to have what I'll need too.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:28 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

The weather was gorgeous in October but be sure to take a sweater or shawl for inside which was freezing! My friend and me both came home with borderline pneumonia and it wasn't from a virus. Hot outside, cold inside equals awful colds! Our spring cruise was much better and we didn't freeze inside.

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Admiral

My first cruise was to the Bahamas in October of 1999. I dressed for the tropical weather. It was warm but not hot.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.