Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Default Is a suite worth it on Carnival Spirit?

WE are considering either a balcony room, or a balcony suite (Mini suite?) on the Carnival Spirit, 8 days to Mexico.

We are traveling with our two kids, ages 8 and 3.

Is it worth $1000 to get the suite?

Other than a bathtub and a little extra space, I don't see what the big difference would be.

I did look at the dimensions:

Ocean View with Standard Balcony 225 square feet total Stateroom 185 square feet Balcony 40 square feet Window: floor-to-ceiling cat: 8A 8B 8D 8F 8H

Suite with Standard Balcony 315 square feet total Stateroom 275 square feet Balcony 40 square feet Window: floor-to-ceiling cat: 11 (4226; 4235)

Suite with Large Balcony 360 square feet total Stateroom 275 square feet Balcony 85 square feet Window: floor-to-ceiling cat: 11 (excluding 4226; 4235)

Thoughts?

Thanks.

February 2009 - Mexico on Carnival Spirit, with kids!
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Well it is almost or over 100 sq feet bigger so that will definatly give you more space. If they are 8 and 3 you can fit in a balcony room, but it might be a little cramped. Also you have to make sure becuase I dont think suites hold more than 2 people, so you will have to look into that.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Thanks. Carnival quoted me for 4 in a suite, so some of them must be able to sleep more than 2.

I just don't think a bathtub is worth $1000. If I need more room, I have the whole ship, right?

But I still want thoughts on this from anyone who has any.

Love this site. So helpful. Thanks.

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Thanks. Carnival quoted me for 4 in a suite, so some of them must be able to sleep more than 2.

I just don't think a bathtub is worth $1000. If I need more room, I have the whole ship, right?

But I still want thoughts on this from anyone who has any.

Love this site. So helpful. Thanks.
What room did they assign you to becuase from what I recall suites only sleep 2 people. They might bring in roll away beds for the other 2 people. So if you give me you your room number I can check that out for you. If you don't want to give it out to the whole sit pm me.

Past Cruises:
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Passenger

dang, she didn't quote a cabin #. Just the dollar figure.

I'll be sure to ask the rollaway question when I call to book.

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
dang, she didn't quote a cabin #. Just the dollar figure.

I'll be sure to ask the rollaway question when I call to book.
Ok make sure to get that becuase every room is different about how many it sleeps.

Past Cruises:
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Passenger

My mom and I booked a cat 11 suite on the spirit last march. I think we were in cabin 6163.

For a family of 4, I think you would like the extra space. There were 2 twin beds, and then a couch which could also sleep 2 I think. The deck was roomy, I think there was a table and 2 chairs and there could have been 2 more easily. The bathroom was nice because it had a double sink, so 2 people could be getting ready at the same time....the tub is not a big deal because you don't have time to take a nice long bath anyways.

If you have the extra money, great...but I think you would be just as happy in a reg balcony cabin.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Each outside room with a bacony is 185 square feet plus the balcony. A Deluxe oceanview cabin with large private balcony
Square footage: 230 sq ft and Suite with large private balcony
Square footage: 245 to 275 sq ft.

An inside cabin is also 185 square feet. Therefore, a suite is not that much larger considering you will have 2 more people living inside. it's only 50 - 90 square feet larger but you will have 2 additional people.

I would suggest you get yourself a balcony cabin for you and your mate and then directly across from you, an inside cabin for your 2 kids. They do not need a balcony, they can use yours. This way, for the same price, you'll get 2 cabins with a total of 370 square feet.

Also, do NOT get adjoining rooms, when the rooms adjoin, they either subsitute a couch for a chair or a tiny love seat instead of the couch as they have to make room for the door.
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Each outside room with a bacony is 185 square feet plus the balcony. A Deluxe oceanview cabin with large private balcony

An inside cabin is also 185 square feet. Therefore, a suite is not that much larger considering you will have 2 more people living inside. it's only 50 - 90 square feet larger but you will have 2 additional people.

I would suggest you get yourself a balcony cabin for you and your mate and then directly across from you, an inside cabin for your 2 kids. They do not need a balcony, they can use yours. This way, for the same price, you'll get 2 cabins with a total of 370 square feet.

Also, do NOT get adjoining rooms, when the rooms adjoin, they either subsitute a couch for a chair or a tiny love seat instead of the couch as they have to make room for the door.
The only thing is I don't know how comfortable they will fell having an 8 year old and a 3 year old in another room. We do that all the time with 11, 12, and 14.

Past Cruises:
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Admiral

A 3 yr old and an 8 year old should not have their own cabin in my opinion. Bob
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoop
Quote:

The only thing is I don't know how comfortable they will fell having an 8 year old and a 3 year old in another room. We do that all the time with 11, 12, and 14.
With kids that young, then I would get adjoining rooms and just list one adult in each room!
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmstader
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoop
Quote:

With kids that young, then I would get adjoining rooms and just list one adult in each room!
If they have adjoining rooms, the door can just be left open and the parents in one room and kids in another

Past Cruises:
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Passenger

We went on the Spirit and had a wrap balcony. It was wonderful. I suspect that you will be spending more time in the cabin because of the children going to sleep earlier than you do. When they go to bed you will enjoy having the balcony to go to. I would think that a bathtub would be a big plus with a 3 year old. If you have the extra to spend, get the 2 room suite (there was a door between the bedroom and the other part of the cabin in our wrap balcony cabin). If not, at least make sure you have a balcony to go to when you have to be near by, but don't want to go to sleep. Whatever you end up doing, I know you will all enjoy the cruise.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Admiral

If you only want to get one balcony room, you can get a room in the front of the ship. In the front of the ship they have an interior room and balcony room connected. That is what we have for one of our next cruises. Because if the rooms are connected, you really dont need two balconies.

Past Cruises:
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

hi, i have been with my family 2 older children and one younger one, i prefer to have two rooms as the younger one always needed to go to bed earlier, the other factors were: how many days at sea you will be
you will only be able to watch kids Tv only
also you will have no privacy for 10 days or
bathroom hoggers (teen females) If you have smaller children and you have someone to mind them while you go to the night time entertainment sharing one room should be okay. i really could not take the interior rooms the first cruise we went on was a 3 night Interior room and nearly went nuts with no natural sunlight. I hope this helps you decide but you need to be fast to obtain interconnecting rooms. deck 5,6,7 are the best decks. make sure you do not get rooms near the stairs or the Galley(kitchen)